13

They spent the afternoon talking about different things from what they wanted out of life to what they enjoyed eating. "It's getting late, I should probably take you home now so you can get some rest before opening up shop tomorrow." Kara stated. "Oh yea...time flys when you're having fun...so they say." Lena replied. "Yea..." Kara replied as she grabbed her keys and waited for Lena to grab her coat and the bag of clean clothes. "Ready?" Kara asked. "Yea, gotta get home so I can have a battery delivered so I can fix my bike so I'll have it for next girls night. That is if you invite me back." Lena stated. "Of course I do! Everyone had a wonderful time." Kara replied as they walked out of her house and over to her tuck.

As they drove down the road they continued making small talk as Kara slowed down at a parts shop. "What are you doing Kara?" Lena asked as she watched the blonde parked the truck. "Stopping here so you can get your motorcycle battery." Kara replied with a smile. "Oh...you don't have to do that...but thank you, I'll be right back." Lena said as she exited the vehicle. Kara watched her walk inside and begin talking to the man behind the counter.

The conversation that was happening seemed to be a flirtatious one at least on the mans end, Lena however was having none of that. Kara was shocked when she saw Lena yell at the man before grabbing the battery and walked out. Averting her eyes she waited for Lena to get back into the truck before speaking. "All set?" Kara asked. "Ugh...yes and no..." Lena groaned. "Wanna talk about it?" Kara asked.

Sighing Lena looked at Kara as she baked out of the parking space. "The man behind the counter attempted to flirt with me and even offered to come home with me and put it in for me before taking me out on a date...I quickly shot him down and told him that I as a lesbian woman was perfectly capable of fixing my own bike and making my own dinner!" Lena explained. Kara couldn't help but laugh at this explanation. "Im sorry for laughing, but I understand how it is...I get hit on a bunch too by the male and female patients. It happens at least twice a week...I always turn them down though.." Kara replied. "Cause you have no time to date? Or are they not your type?" Lena asked.

Kara chuckled at the questions. "Both.." Kara replied. "Ohh..well what is your type?" Lena asked as they pulled into her shop. "I like people I can carry a conversation with, and it helps that they understand that as a veterinarian I sometimes have crazy hours." Kara replied. Lena nodded and quickly thanked her for the ride home. "Is girls night every Saturday?" Lena asked. "Yea, it's usually at my place too, since no one else has room enough at their places. So does that mean I'll see you next Saturday?" Kara asked. "Yes. And...thank you again Kara." Lena replied as she headed inside.