15

Sam sat next to Alex that night at the table while Eliza and Kara sat opposite them at the restaurant. "So Sam? Alex has told me a lot about bout you." Eliza stated. "All good things I hope!" Sam gasped. "Oh yes all wonderful things! She even mentioned that you gained a formerly sick puppy from Kara's practice. "That I did. He's quite the little handful at times." Sam replied. "Yea, when I saw him I knew I had to find a great home for him. So I asked Sam one day she and Alex came to visit with lunch, Sam fell in love with him." Kara explained.

"And what about you dear? Anyone special in your life?" Eliza asked eying her youngest daughter closely. "No. I told you I'm far too busy to have a relationship." Kara stated. "That's not true!" Alex stated. "Oh?" Eliza asked. "Yea she's hired several mor veterinarians to help with the practice. She's just stubborn to date!" Alex added with a smirk. "Well then Kara dear, I think it is time you went out on a date then!" Eliza stated. Kara didn't respond instead she rolled her eyes and continued to eat. "I happen to have a friend thats single!" Sam added.

"Oh? See Kara Sam has a friend!" Eliza stated. "It would do you some good to meet someone!" Eliza added. "I've already met her mom. She doesn't seem interested in a relationship no more than I do." Kara replied. "I doubt that! I think you're being ridiculous! Sam I think you should work your magic here! You too Alex!" Eliza stated. Sam and Alex shared a smile as they turned towards Kara who was looking down at her plate.

"I think that can be arranged." Sam replied. "Ugh! I hate all of you!" Kara grumbled. "Oh no you don't!" Alex replied as they continued eating. When dinner they continued talking. "So are you gonna stay with Alex?" Sam asked. "Yes for the weekend then I must get home to continue my work." Eliza replied. "Oh...I thought you were staying the week." Kara asked. "I was but my plans changed unfortunately." Eliza replied.

Just then as they were mid conversation the door to the restaurant opened up revealing Lena who was walking inside. Kara looked up from the table her eyes landing on the green ones of the other woman. Sam saw this and turned her head seeing Lena standing there. "Oh Lee! I didn't know you were getting take away here!" Sam called. "Uh...yea..hello everyone!" Lena said greeting them. "Eliza! This is my best friend Lena Walsh! She owns that homemade skin care shop down the street." Sam explained. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lena!" Eliza exclaimed. "If I had known you were ordering take out from here you could have joined us." Sam stated. "She's right! You could have joined us. We were teasing my youngest here about her lack of a love life." Eliza stated.

Lena's eyes glanced over Kara who was avoiding eye contact with everyone and turning pink. Lena didn't reply instead she just smiled. "Well I should get going..my food should be ready now..it was nice to see you all again, and it was nice to meet you too Mrs. Danvers." Lena stated. "Eliza please. And it was nice to meet you too." Eliza replied with a smile.