37

A few hours later the physical therapist had arrived and began explaining what she was gonna have Kara be doing. "Do you or your girlfriend have any questions before we start?" The woman asked. "Friend! And no. Let's just get started." Kara replied as her cheeks turned red. "Ok Miss Danvers I need you to stand up and I'm gonna have you walk with this walker from the door here to me over here ok?" She asked. Kara nodded.

With the help of Lena Kara stood up and began walking to the other woman at the opposite side of the room. "That's great Kara! Keep going!" She exclaimed. Lena kept her hands on Kara as she walked. "You're doing great Kar...I'm right here." Lena cooed. Slowly Kara made her way to the physical therapist. "That was good! Really good! Now let's go back. Miss Walsh, you mind holding the wheelchair?" The woman asked. "No!" Kara exclaimed. "No?" The physical therapist asked. "No Lee stays here you hold the wheelchair." Kara deadpanned. "Ok!" She replied.

The return trip to the chair was hard on Kara but with Lena by her side she managed to make it perfectly. "Sit down Kara...take a break." Lena whispered. Kara nodded as she slowly sat down in the chair. "Ok after your break we'll start range of motion exercises." The physical therapist stated. Lena squatted in front of Kara and gently patted her leg. "Do you want some water?" Lena asked. Kara nodded slowly.

Lena went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and hurried back to Kara. "Thank you Lee." Kara replied. Lena nodded and sat on the floor beside her. After a few minutes Lena was being asked to move out of the way so the physical therapist could begin working with Kara. "Ok! I'm gonna move your leg in and out five times to begin with. This will help you get the blood pumping through it and build some muscle up again." She stated. Kara nodded slowly and kept her eyes on Lena who stood by the sofa.

A few hours later Kara had finished with the physical therapist and had given Lena and Kara some things to work on until she came back in a couple days. "I'll see you ladies in a couple days!" She called as she grabbed her bag and left the house.