34

Lena sat down beside Kara on the sofa as they waited for their food to arrive. "So...hows your mom doing? Does she know why you aren't at the shop?" Kara asked. "Oh she knows, I called her as soon as we discussed who'd take care of you. She understands that my friend needs me right now." Lena replied. Kara looked away feeling a little hurt at the way Lena said friend, especially when she wanted to be more than friends with the dark haired woman. Lena noticed the change in the blondes face but didn't say anything.

They sat in silence as they waited for their food to come, not knowing what they should say to one another. "So...what would you like to talk about?" Kara asked. "I...that'll be the food." Lena replied as she stood up and opened the door  to grab the food. When she returned Kara was lying stretched out on the sofa. Lena smiled to herself and sat next to her on the floor after putting the food on the coffee table.

"Oh dang...I'm sorry Lee. I can move." Kara replied when she saw Lena on the floor. "No it's ok. I'm fine here." Lena replied. "Are you sure?" Kara asked. "Yes, now eat so you can take your medicine." Lena replied. "Yes soap girl." Kara replied teasingly. Kara took a box of potstickers and began munching on them while Lena put two slices of pizza on her plate and began eating them.

They watched the television when Lena's phone dinged. Kara watched Lena smile when she was answering the message and it got her thinking. 'Is it a girlfriend? Maybe she's talking to someone? Maybe she doesn't like me that way...' Kara averted her eyes from the dark haired woman who was still smiling at her phone. "You ok there sunshine?" Lena asked. "Yea..I'm ok. Just a little sore." Kara replied. "Do you need a pillow or something?" Lena asked. "No...I'll be ok." Kara replied avoiding eye contact with her. Lena noticed this and looked at her. "What is it Kara?" Lena asked as she stood up to grab some pillows from the chair. "Nothing really Lee." Kara replied. "Ok...let me help you sit up and I'll put these pillows behind your back." Lena replied. With the pillows behind Kara's back Lena went to sit back down on the floor again.

"Wait...sit up here please." Kara whined. "Ok...but you're putting your feet on my lap and I'm not taking no for an answer." Lena replied as she stood up again. Once she sat down she pulled Kara's feet and legs to her lap and the two of them continued eating the take away.