36

Later that night Kara and Lena lay in Kara's bed talking about different things. "You have an appointment tomorrow with your physical therapist." Lena said. "Ugh...she's gonna make do shit..." Kara groaned. "You'll be fine. Besides I'll be here to cheer you on sunshine." Lena replied with a smile. "You better soap girl!" Kara replied her eyes flicking between Lena's eyes and her lips. Realizing what she was doing she quickly averted her eyes to the blanket. "Kara...you ok?" Lena whispered her eyes still on Kara's face. "Yea...I'm ok...uh..."Kara rambled. "Are you in pain?" Lena asked. "No..." Kara replied softly. "What is it then? Come on you can tell me." Lena replied.

Kara remained silent and avoided looking at Lena. Noticing something was off with her blonde friend Lena just pulled her into her arms and held her. Kara stopped breathing for a long minute before she relaxed in Lena's arms. "Relax Kara. Just breathe sunshine." Lena whispered. Kara didn't know how to react to her words. She was lost in thought. Thinking about how she was getting all these feelings for her friend. Sure she liked Lena as a friend...she'd liked her since they met. But now...she was thinking of her as beautiful, sweet, charming...all this was new to her. Could they be more than friends? Did Lena like woman? Did Lena like Kara the same way? "You're thinking too loud Kara...sleep. You'll heal faster that way, then you can get back to tending your clients." Lena whispered. Something about her voice caused Kara to easily drift off to sleep.

In the morning Lena woke to find Kara still draped across her body. She couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face. Over the last few days Lena's feelings for the blonde veterinarian only grew. Now she wondered if the blonde felt the same way about her. One day she'd bring the subject up but not right now. Right now Kara needed to sleep and rest. They lay there a few minutes more before Lena gently woke Kara up so they'd have enough time to get ready before the physical therapist arrived.