31

Later that afternoon Lena made them some dinner and brought it into the living room where she sat next to Kara and handed her a plate. "Do you need help?" Lena asked. "Um...." Kara replied as she dropped another piece of chicken. "Yea...I guess.." Kara groaned. "Ok, it's not a big deal Kara. It's what I'm here for." Lena replied with a smile. She began feeding Kara slowly making sure she didn't choke or move the wrong way. "Thanks for this." Kara whispered in between bites. "Anytime Kara. That's what friends are for right?" Lena asked with a smile. Kara nodded slowly as she continued eating her dinner. When dinner was over Lena quickly finished her food before helping Kara to the bedroom.

After getting the blonde in bed she propped up on some pillows and wrapped her up with a blanket. "Are you comfortable?" Lena asked. "Yea..if by comfortable you mean I can't move...then yes I'm comfortable." Kara replied. "Good I'm gonna just sleep here on the air mattress Sam brought over so I'll be here if you need me." Lena replied. "Are you sure you'll be comfortable? I mean there are several spare rooms in here." Kara replied."

"I'll be fine Kara, now do you want some pain medicine before I go lay down?" Lena asked. "Yea all the moving today is bothering my ribs." Kara replied. Lena went to the kitchen and got a glass of water and a pain pill and brought it back to Kara. "Here ya are." Lena said as she handed Kara the pill and the glass of water. Once the blonde swallowed the pill she handed the glass back to Lena who put it on the bedside table. "Are you still comfortable?" Lena asked. "Yea..thank you Lee." Kara replied. "Ok, I'm gonna go lay down...don't worry I'm a light sleeper I'll hear you if you need me." Lena replied. Kara nodded before closing her eyes.