38

Over the next few weeks Kara quickly gains her strength back. Everyday she and Lena are doing the exercises together and when the physical therapist comes she too notices the improvements and not just with Kara's recovery. She notices how Kara and Lena seem to be dancing around their feelings for one another. Lately when the physical therapist comes she sees the two talking and making flirtatious remarks to one another. Now that Kara has been progressing so well it is time to stop the regular visits and let Lena help with Kara for the remainder of her time away from work.

"Well that was the last visit Kara! How are you feeling?" Lena asked as she stood in the kitchen cooking some chicken. "I feel amazing! Like I could take on the world!" Kara replied. "Well maybe not the world. But maybe to start you can get the plates out." Lena replied laughing. "I hope I get the ok to go back to work tomorrow." Kara stated. Lena fell silent at that remark. She knew it was coming eventually. It had been two months of rest, and physically therapy...however some small part of Lena wasn't looking forward to going back to her small apartment above her store. "Are you sick of me already?" Lena asked teasingly.

Kara looks at Lena quickly then looks down. "No...I'm not...I just thought that if I'm able to go back to work soon you'll be able to go run your shop again." Kara replies. "Don't worry sunshine my mother has it well taken care of. She updates me every day on everything." Lena replied. "What exactly are you making soap girl?" Kara asked. "Chicken enchiladas. They're not spicy though." Lena stated. "Oh ok!" Kara replied with a smile.

Kara was lost in her head as she waited for Lena to finish dinner. She thought of how quiet the house would be without Lena here. She got used to her being here all the time, sleeping in the same bed...eating together at every meal, going to appointments together. It was so domestic. So natural. 'Maybe I should tell her how I feel about her?' She thought to herself as she walked to the kitchen to sit at the table. "You alright Kara?" Lena asked as she plated their food up. "Yea...just thinking." Kara replied.