28

A few minutes later Eliza came rushing into the ER her eyes wide as she scanned for Alex, Sam and Lena. "How is she?" She asked looking at Alex. "Stable..but critical...shes still in the OR though. The bull did her pretty good." Alex replied as she hugged Eliza tightly. Lena was still on the floor with red and puffy eyes hidden behind her hands. Eliza hugs Sam before turning to see Lena sitting on the floor crouching down in front of the dark haired woman and pulls her into a hug. "It's gonna be ok. Kara's strong. She'll come out of this..and when she does don't hesitate to ask her out." Eliza whispers in Lena's ear. Lena nodded slowly as they stood up and sat with everyone else in the chairs.

Another few hours pass by with no word of Kara's condition. The four women sit there together legs bouncing as they impatiently wait for any news. Finally a doctor comes out in blue scrubs he walks over to them and cleared his throat to get their attention. "Family of Kara Danvers?" He asked and everyone stood up. "I'm her mother. Whats going on?" Eliza asked. "Your daughter is strong. We got the internal bleeding stopped and managed to get her bandaged up. She's still unconscious at this time but she'll be in a room soon. You can go in there and wait if you like." The doctor replied. "Which room is it?" Alex asked. The doctor motioned for them to follow as he lead them to Kara's room, once inside everyone took seats in the chairs and waited for Kara to be brought in.

No one said anything they just sat in silence as they waited. Minutes ticked by and still no sign of Kara's bed. Tears still fell from eyes as they waited for the bubbly blonde veterinarian to be wheeled into the room. Suddenly the silence was broken by the sound of a bed being wheeled into the room. All eyes snapped to the limp woman lying in the bed. Her hair was splayed across the pillows and she looked weak. Her eyes looked to be swollen and bruised, her lips were bleeding through the bandages and her chest was wrapped up in bandages, even the bandage on her head looked painful. Alex was the first one to go over to Kara's bed and gently held her hand. Eliza soon joined her, while Sam and then Lena stood on the other side of the bed.

A few minutes later the doctor came in and told them everything. "She's gonna be fine, she will need to have someone stay with her for a while she heals. Can any one of you do that?" He asked looking the four woman. "We can't we have work to do. Mom?" Alex asked. "No...I can't I have a new project I'm working on. Lena?" Eliza asked eying the dark haired woman. "I can do it. My mom can handle the business for as long as I need her to." Lena replied. "It's settled then I'll go over more details with you when it gets closer to time to release her. I'll leave you all alone now." The doctor replied as he walked out for the room.