The Dragon sheathed in Bone

I let go of Hjan and he latched onto my stomach like a koala "Are we in danger?" I drew my bow and nocked an arrow. I drew the bow with a struggle, it's draw poundage must've been extremely high. When I pulled the arrow back I aimed it at the sky.

"I don't think so, it's just circling,"

That testament was short lived when a roar was heard booming from the sky, screeching through the sky like a knife through butter. Hjan gasped and I fired the arrow blindly.

"Logan you missed!" Hjan cried.

As I was knocking another arrow I felt the ground shake around me. I looked up, in front of me around 20 feet away was a full grown male dragon with white branch like spikes and green scales under them, it look like he was wearing a crappy bone armor that only covered most his scales, leaving parts of them baren and open to the attack. His branches were riddled with scratches and scrapes, his eyes were hollow and baren if any emotion. His mouth dripped green saliva that hissed in the snow, turning it bright green, his body was very muscular with a long 12 foot tail behind him, which was half his body length. I recognized its white spikes; it was the owner of the tips of the Eldritch arrows: The Eldritch dragon.

"Give me the dragon!" It roared.

I shook my head an drew my sword, while sliding Hjan around my back, "You're going to have to make me,"

"Don't make me hurt you human, give me the little dragon,"

"Logan,"

I hushed Hjan, "Don't say anything. I want you to stay on my back unless something happens, then I want you to run, run and run for as long as you can,"

"But we were looking for another dragon, he might help me,"

"Hjan look at him! He obviously not here to help me, he's got a crazed look in his eyes!"

Another voice shot through the howling storm, "Last chance human give us the dragon!" The head of an elf popped up from the back of the dragon. He had short white hair, sharp pointed ears, and a small scar across his right cheek.

"Logan, I can blast them with fire!"

I shook my head and readied my sword, "No, I don't want them to know that you have magic!"

"Let me take care of this idiot!" the dragon said to the elf on his back.

"But he's a human kidnapping a dragon—"

"He's mine!"

The elf groaned and got off the back of the dragon. His body was lithe with a sleeper build obviously made from handling his bow so much.

"So, you're the one who gave the eldritch arrow to the Merchant huh?"

The elf didn't seem too open conversation and neither did the dragon.

"Alright well! I haven't got all day!"

The dragon lunged at me with a roar, his roar was deadly and I could feel the shockwave from it.

"Logan," Hjan whispered with worry as the dragon got closer and closer.

I watched the dragon carefully, trying to find any place of weakness, but every step it took was powerful and left no opening for me to take advantage of. "Come on, just on little mistake," I whispered.

"Logan!"

Just as the it jumped at me I saw the opening, its right claw was lifted a little high, "There!" I bellowed.

I ducked under the dragon's right side as it flew over me. Hjan watched in awe as the dragon flew above us while I kept a calm and collected stance, unwavering at the threat soaring above us. I followed it as it flew over us with my sword dragging through the snow. It hit the ground and whipped it's tail, hoping to hit me, but I knew it was going to do that. I leapt over the tail towards the dragons head and raised my sword with both hands. The dragon turned his head and I brought my sword down on the dragon's neck, hoping to finish it off in one swing.

I grinned in victory as I felt my sword connect, but quickly cried out in pain as the vibration of my sword shocked my hands. The sword had connected with the dragon, but it didn't even scratch the dragons branch like appendages.

I shuddered in fear as I gazed into the now furious eyes of the dragon. It grabbed me with it's powerful claws and swung me into the ground, flinging Hjan off my back and into the snow.

"Logan!" He cried.

"Hjan run!" I shouted as I gazed into the mouth of the monster, its poisonous breath gathering in the back of its throat. I knew this was the end, I tried to fight against the grip of the dragon, hoping that my armor might do something to save me.

Hjan jumped and towards the dragon and roared "I can't leave you!" Hjan bit down on a branch of the dragon but it didn't do anything.

The dragon, slightly annoyed grabbed onto Hjan and murmured some kind of spell. Golden chain wrapped around Hjan, chaining his wings to his side and his limbs to his body, "Stay out of this youngling!"

Hjan struggled and shouted, "Let me go!" his mouth was suddenly muzzled by those same chains.

The elf from before appeared next to the dragon and picked up Hjan, "We've go the youngling, kill the human and let's get going,"

"Gladly!"

I felt my stomach drop as a hiss escaped the dragon's gullet. Hjan cried out with tears escaping his eyes. Poisonous acid erupted from the mouth of the dragon. I thought that was the end of me, but the acid never touched me.

I opened my eyes and peered into the acid of the dragon as my helmet blocked all of it from hurting me, forming a magical barrier in front of my helmet. The dragon stopped and turned his head in confusion, "Well this helmet seems to be getting in the way,"

With his claw he grabbed onto my helmet and slowly pulled it off with ease, "Now let's try that—" He froze mid sentence, just staring at my face as I scowled at him. The anger in his eyes disappeared and was replaced with a multitude of emotion, confusion, fear, shock, but the obvious emotions was regret and compassion.

"Well? Kill me!" I shouted. He shook his head and I felt his claw lift slightly, just enough for me to slip my arm out. I clenched my fist and felt power surge through my arm, "My turn!" I seethed. I punched the dragon across the face as hard as I could. The runes on my gauntlets activated, and my punch created a shock wave when it hit the dragon.

The dragon was launched off me and slid through the snow. I picked up my helmet and put it back on.

"Archion!" The elf shouted, running towards the dragon, leaving Hjan in the snow.

I ran for Hjan, pushing through the snow, and running past the elf and dragon, who I now knew was Archion, that name seemed familiar to me, it put a deep pit into my stomach. I picked up Hjan and looked back at the elf and dragon. The elf was aiming his bow at me but the dragon was looking at me with tears in his eyes.

I glared at him and hugged Hjan tightly, his body still hot from the fire. I grabbed onto the golden chain wrapped around Hjan and crushed them with my gauntlets, the runes absorbing the magic of the chains. I turned back to the dwarf as he fired an arrow covered in blue fire. I lifted my sword and split the arrow in half with ease.

The dragon was still looking at me, he mouthed something, it looked like, I'm sorry

I sheathed my sword and howled, "Jenzian!"