Secrets

Logan

I dropped Holly off at her room, "Thanks for today, it was fun to get out into the town again," she said with a tired smile.

"Ya, we'll have to do it again sometime," there was an awkward silence between us before Holly stepped aside.

"Would you care to come in? There's something I need to tell you,"

My face turned red, I'd read about this situation before and I'm not sure I was ready just yet. I stepped back, "Um, not particularly,"

Holly understood and placed her hands in front of her, "That's alright. I just wanted to say..." she searched for the correct words and curled her mouth when she couldn't find the words, "I'm sorry, I don't know what to say,"

I shook her hand, "If you find out come find me and let me know," I turned around and quickly walked away. Completely ignoring the fact that Holly didn't want me to leave just yet.

Jeez, that was kind of mean. I mean she was probably just being friendly. I could've at least tried to continue the conversation. Maybe she wasn't even inviting me into her room for that maybe it was because she didn't want to keep standing at the door.

Too late now.

I continued walking, walking until I reached the throne room of the queen. I almost thought that I had the wrong room because there were no guards, and it wasn't time for the changing of the guards, so why was the door unprotected. It was also slightly open, and I could hear some voices inside.

I listened in on the conversation intently, it was Archion and the Queen.

He seemed to be consoling her, "Tammy, just try to stay calm, we'll figure things out, ok?"

"Archion it's her! I'm sure of it!"

"We don't know that." he sounded unsure of that statement himself.

"Archion, don't be a fool! You know it's her! Look at her! She has my eyes, unique eyes only heavenly dragons can have," The queen cried. She seemed to be holding it together fairly well, btu was quickly failing at holding her tears.

"What are they talking about?" I whispered outside the door

"Tammy... you're right, I can't argue with you. But we lost her for thousands of years, we couldn't surely know if it was her or not, we've thought she's been dead!"

"Archion, my daughter is back!"

He sighed deeply, "Tammy I—"

"Don't 'Tammy' me! I've lost her once before, it'll be a cold day in hell when I lose her again," the queen got up from her throne and I could hear the sound of claws against bone, "Archion, you've protected me once before, now I need you to protect her. Can you do that for me?"

Archion's heart raced, "That's the promise I made for you millennia ago wasn't it?"

The queen sighed, "This is why I love you,"

"On a different note, how is Logan?"

The queen sighed sadly, "He's struggling. His inner turmoil is making it hard to move on. I've been watching him, he seems resistant here, he doesn't like it; he's staying, however, he cares deeply for Hjan, that's the only reason he's stayed. I fear that won't be the case for long, if he continues to resist and pass his feelings aside, he'll lose his care for Hjan and reason that she's safe enough here and will leave,"

Archion groaned and sighed, "Why does he have to be so stubborn?"

The queen chuckled, "He's so much like you Archion,"