Heartbreaking Explination

Logan

1 week later

Of all the luxuries I had, silence was the most elusive, and I rarely got it. So, when I found a nice quiet spot to sit on the edge of a large tower near the west wing of the castle, high above the ground and everyone else. I leaned forward and peered out at the Hidden world, dozens of dragons were flying under the magical barrier, protecting the town from the stalagmites above.

My worries melted away as the joy from the town radiated towards me, just me knowing that there were hundreds of joyful creatures down there comforted me, making my issues and problems disappear.

I closed my eyes, my vision filled with Holly and Hjan, my ears filled with the conversation I stalked between Archion and the Queen, and my heart confused with emotion.

Holly had been acting distant from me recently, she would still hang out with me, but she seemed out of it. After I eavesdropped on the conversation the queen and Archion had I couldn't stop listening to it. There were so many question I had, so many things I needed to know, "I need to talk with Hjan about this," I grabbed the edge of the castle and felt my a sting in my chest, a very painful sting. My vision went fuzzy and I fell forward. My body sensed that I was falling and I jolted awake, but when I did I wasn't falling.

I looked up, expecting myself to have grabbed the edge of the castle instinctually, but I was amazed to see two grown wings, massive, each flap of them blowing air around like a storm. They were black and their webbing seemed to flow with magic. Bones snapped and cracked through the scales, but it didn't seem to hurt when they did. The wings lifted me back onto the castle and settled on my back, draping over my back like a cloak. My back stung violently and I groaned in pain. "Where's Hjan?"

I ran my way from the tower, running down the stairs. It was hard to keep balance because of the pain and I even crashed down a couple stairs before quickly getting my footing again. Despite being part of my body, I couldn't feel the wings on my back, just the open wounds on my back, which Hjan's soul desperately tried to heal the wound.

I pushed open the door to the tower and looked out into the hallway, hoping that there was nobody coming. Luckily for me I couldn't smell or hear anyone nearby. I bolted for the door, leaving it open. The wing blew across my body and my under my wings, pulling on them, pulling on the open wound.

I slid around and corner and ran face first into Archion. I fell backwards, holding my head, and so did Archion, "Ouch, are you ok?" I asked Archion.

"I should be asking you that, you hit me pretty hard, did one of my spikes prick you?"

I checked my forehead, no blood, "No, I'm fine," I jumped to my feet and bolted past him.

Archion froze when he saw my wings and asked, "What's that?"

"These?" I chuckled nervously, "What? Do you mean?" I said stupidly.

There was a moment of silence between us, Archion trying to figure out if I was joking or not.

I bolted past him "Alright well, goodbye!"

"Hey!" Archion shouted. I didn't look back, I just ran. I didn't hear or feel the footsteps of Archion so I looked back, Archion was quickly walking around the corner, probably to go see the queen. I sighed and rubbed the jagged bones in my wing, which were now healing, being covered in scales, sharp, tempered scales. After they were healed they also shrank down so they weren't visible over my shoulders.

I listened ahead, making sure that there were no other beings in front of me. I made it to my room after a very long run, and anxiety inducing wait while I stood in the hallway.