Temptations

"What is a mate?" I asked curiously.

Gjtay lifted her head out of the flowers and looked at Fenrif, who looked back at her, "A mate is someone you want to spend your life with, someone who you're willing to bear children with, someone who you'll be with through thick and thin, highs and lows," Gjtay's eyes went back to being lecherous before she caught herself, she looked at me and smiled, "That's what the tail wrapping meant, and that's what a proposal is, and that's what a proposal is, and that's," Gjtay pressed her head into Fenrif's, they both moved and curled around each other, their necks creating a little heart, "what is means to have a mate,"

Could I find a mate? It might be fun, raising kids? Wait, how are children even born?

That question racked my brain the entire time Gjtay and Fenrif were teaching me things, so I didn't learn much, but I did figure out a few things between thoughts.

They both waved goodbye to me as I left the garden. The moment the glass down shut Gjtay looked at Fenrif and smirked before lunging and tackling him into the flowers.

I wonder where Logan is. He should be with the other riders. I'll go look for them. I lifted my nose in the air and sniffed out Logan's scent in the tidal wave of scents. It was pungent, but nothing compared to some of the places we've travelled, the salt of the lake made me feel like I was drying up. The smells on top of the mountain was overpowering. All the smells around me were lifted into the air by the updrafts around the mountain. And the forge! Ugh, the forge, the constant smell of sweaty dwarfs was disgusting.

Each smell, when singled out was like a line leading to it's origin. Logan had a specific smell, he was dirty, and sweaty, but his natural musk overwhelmed it all, it didn't smell bad, it was kind of nice actually, but that's probably because he was the first person I'd actually smelt up close that wasn't a sweaty dwarf.

I followed his scent through the halls my scent following his scent through his entire journey from this morning to right now, I tracked him back to our room Why is he in the room? Is he sleeping? I guess it makes sense, he probably hasn't had a good night sleep in years. He is constantly travelling, that bed is probably the first bed he's slept in for years. I spent roughly an hour speed walking back to our room. When I reached the door, I saw the handle was gone and the door was open. I looked down and saw the handle was bent and broken. A small sense of fear crawled across my body. What did this? Was it going after Logan?

I peeked my head into the door, ready to engulf the entire room in flames to kill whatever I thought was going after Logan. I stood in our doorway, listening to his soft snoring, he was face down with a pillow gently over the back of his head. What is he doing? Where is the assailant? Did he do that?

I walked into the room, completely silent, and stopped by his beside. He was shirtless, his back was ripped, his muscles had grown more since I last saw him this morning, and his skin had stretch marks all over his back. How is he growing muscle so fast? He had a little more definition this morning, more than he did when I first met him, but now he's just ripped. I felt my stomach flutter and an instinctive growl escape my lips and I curled away from him, holding my mouth blushing vibrantly; What the hell?! What was that?

I looked back at Logan, the soft movement of his back as he softly snored into his pillow. The growl came back and I blushed again covering my mouth with my left claw. I looked back at the door, listening to see if anyone was anywhere around. The only person I heard that was anywhere nearby was Holly, who was coming this way, but she was roughly 2 miles away and by the speed she was walking we had roughly 40 minutes before she arrived at the room. I looked down at Logan, his back slowly moving with each peaceful breath, I lifted my claw; Maybe just one little touch? It wouldn't hurt, an innocent little touch.