A Promise

Just like I predicted the moment I fell unconscious they jumped at me. The dragon dressed in white curled around me with a growl, "None will touch him on my watch!"

"Archion he attacked your rider!"

"He killed him! You would've done the same!"

"We don' take humans into the human world!" One of the dwarfs yelled.

"You all know that's a lie! You were all there for out last human visitor!"

"He was a prisoner! He couldn't leave! And what happened when he escaped?" The dragons elf walked forward holding his arm, which was bleeding heavily.

The elf who I recognized groaned, "You're only mad because Archion almost gave you up for the human Oswald,"

"Shut up Holly!" Oswald snapped, "And what was that? The human said he recognized you! What was that about?"

Holly shied and blushed, her ears drooping down and turning red, "I don't know, maybe he was thinking of me as someone else."

Her dragon came to her side, "I can attest to her story, she hasn't left my side since I hatched,"

Everyone looked at them suspiciously. Oswald shook his head and walked up to Archion, "Let us have him, he's seen to much,"

Another voice came from above, one that made everyone except Archion stand at attention, "If Archion says that none shall touch the human, then none shall touch the human!"

A golden dragon dropped from the tree tops, she was elegant and gorgeous, her wings silky smooth and her body lithe and nimble, her voice was powerful and demanded authority from everything around her, everything seemed to bend to her will. Her eyes were a deep red pools that looked like crimson skies, they had the stare of a dragon who was very old and very wise.

She walked up to Archion who softened his eyes when looking at her, "What makes this human special?"

"You know why," Archion told the dragon.

She silently blinked, a hidden gesture to show that she understood. She turned to the group and declared to them all, "You will not harm a hair on this humans head, if you do anything malicious to harm this human I will know and you will be punished,"

The other bowed to her and all said "Yes your majesty," at the same time.

The golden dragon walked over to Hjan and placed a claw on her. She was shocked to hear my voice behind her, "Don't touch him!"

She lifted her claw off Hjan and closely examined him, "Such an interesting dragon, I wonder what species you are,"