2 | Choking & Churros

RHEA

"Well what else can make him laugh?" I asked, staring at my son in my arms a little annoyed. I needed to hear his laughter more than I wanted anything else right now...

Flo lent in and softly touched his cheek. I admired her soft skin as she did, getting distracted really easily by the way her fingers moved so smoothly.

I loved when she did that.

I loved when she obsessed over our son...

"Anything, Rhea. He smiled at me ripping paper the other day." She looked at me, beautiful happy eyes right into mine. "Remember when he smiled at you when you choked on your protein shake?"

I tilted my head and gave her a look. "Want me to make you choke on something else huh?"

Her mouth parted. "That wasn't even attitude." She whispered.

"Sure sounded like it." I settled and went back to look at Ryan. "Do I need to choke on something again, because I will if that's what it's gonna take. What about paper huh, you like the sound?" I talked to him in a very high pitched voice, that only he got to hear and enjoy.

"On the protein shake?" Flo butted in.

I stared at her again, because I was over her growing attitude today... "Maybe I should tear up a pair of those ugly flowery pyjamas you love." Then I watched her face fall, and my heart splintered and I suddenly wanted to give her 100 more pairs. "Choose a new pair out on Amazon, I'll get it for you."

Flo smiled and then looked to the side at Damien and Ellie who came over. Ellie gushing over Ryan in my arms, and she's lucky I let her touch his cute and tiny little fingers.

"Drinks tonight?" Damien asked. "Doms coming."

"Dom? Doms injured." Flo said.

Damien shrugged. "He said he would. It was his idea, actually."

Then Flo turned to me. "We can see if Finn can look after Ryan for a couple hours?"

I pulled Ryan tighter in to my body. "After he gave him to Jey so easily? I don't think so."

"Bring the little guy, start him young." Damien chuckled, making Ellie swat him on the arm.

I rolled my eyes and Flo shook her head. "Let's go home, baby." I whispered softly, and I think the tone I used made her smile and agree.

"Sorry, guys. Next time?" Flo said, and I doubted there'd be a next time. Every night I just wanted to come home to her and to my son. They were my everything.

Every day, I waited for it to be over so I could go or come home to them.

Dom found his way in the group, breathing deep and holding his ribs a little. "Seriously? Not gonna bring my drinking buddy?" He motioned to Flo.

"She's not your drinking buddy." I snapped. "Find someone else."

I noticed Flo give him a sad look and he grinned, hard enough to make me want to slap the smile off his face.

But I didn't want to see her sad...

DOMINIK

Rhea was currently in the worst mood imaginable. She had just handed Ryan over to Finn for a while, and was walking tightly beside Flo as we headed into this dingy looking bar in the city.

"Couldn't have chose a nicer place guys?" Ellie said, grabbing Damien's large hand in hers. He pulled her close.

Man, being lonely sucked ass.