5 | Disconnected & Stubborn

DOMINIK

I peered inside Brauns dressing room, finding Rosa with her mouth open and eyes wide in surprise. Her cheeks were a little pink and her eyes were a tad glossy, like she was holding back a mountain of tears.

Her hands were shaking.

I glanced in either direction of the hall, praying and hoping that Braun didn't come back. I saw him storm out, and I immediately came over. "Rosa." I whispered. "What's wrong? Are you ok?"

"What are you doing?" She asked quietly, and cleared her throat. "Dominik, I'm really sorry about him, he shouldn't have done that and he's really sorry."

I tilted my head. "Rosa. He's not sorry." I took a step further inside the dressing room, cautiously watching her step back too. I didn't want to scare her or make her feel uncomfortable. "I know that he's not sorry, for a fact. What's going on? Why are you shaking?" I asked, looking down at her hands.

She interlocked her hands together to stop it. "I'm fine, Dom. You should go it's-"

"Rosa." I said flatly, gaining some balls. "I care about you." I confessed and watched her face soften out. "I hardly know you, yet I want to make sure you're alright. Anyone's alright. After that out there, I saw that look you gave me."

"Yeah, i felt bad because he shouldn't have shoved you, Dom. That's all." She said. "He's just really upset tonight, but it's ok."

"See I don't believe you, Rosa." I pointed out. "No one should be shaking after an argument with someone- especially your boyfriend."

She looked at the wall, avoiding my eyes and she rubbed her lips together. "Dom... Just leave it-"

"Rosa..."

"Leave it, Dom." She suddenly snapped at me. "It's none of your business what Braun and I do. Please, get out." I autonomously reached for her hand without thinking, grabbing them and holding them tightly to stop them from shaking. She didn't pull them out either. "Dom..." she whispered it.

I stared at her face, and into her eyes. "I know it's none of my business. I'm not telling you to do anything, but tell me you're happy with him. Tell me the truth and tell me he's treating you right."

"Dom it's-"

"Don't lie to me, Hermosa." The compliment just came out and I watched her lips tighten. I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry if I'm overstepping." I apologised.

"Just..." Rosa pulled her hands from mine. "Don't-"

"What is that?" I spotted something on her wrist. Something deep and dark and purple with some yellow tinge. A bruise on her wrist. I examined her wrist and the bruise, just barely before she yanked it away. "Rosa..." I whispered.

"It's nothing, I hit it." She answered.

And that was a blatant lie. I looked at her. "Don't lie to me." My tone was incredibly flat and serious. I could feel heat growing up my spine with frustration. Because I didn't want to even think about what that bruise meant. "Is he treating you right?"

Rosa swallowed. I heard it and I saw her blink once. "Yes."

I didn't believe a single word that came out of her mouth.

I moved in closer to her. I held my pinky out. "Pinky promise me."

Rosa looked at it, then back at me. She wouldn't do it...

She didn't move, she just stared at me, wondering if she should take it, which was answer enough for me. "You don't deserve it." I whispered and brought my pinky back to myself.