36 | Stubborn & Louder

RHEA

I basically threw my gym bag on the ground and stuffed my earphones in, metal music immediately drowning everything out.

I just wanted to go back upstairs and be with Flo, be with my fucking wife, but I knew it was best for me to come here first. I didn't want to snap at her. I didn't want to accidentally say something I didn't mean.

So I'd lift my frustrations out with one arm. I hoped.

Until I spotted Damien in the mirror, coming into the gym room.

For fucks sake.

Damien noticed me and I saw his eyes roll, but he just ignored me, basically throwing his bag down too. Going across the room to lift his weights.

Stupid fucking little-

My phone buzzed on the bench beside me, and I peeked at it, seeing Flos name and reaching for it.

Flo 💕: It's Ellie! We need your help.

What?

Why did Ellie have Flos phone?

Rhea: Where's Flo? Where are you?

Flo 💕: Damien's room.

And which fucking room was that?

Rhea: What room?

Flo 💕: Ask Damien.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I pulled my earphones out and brought my bag over my shoulder harshly, going over to Damien. He saw me coming and pulled his earphones out and began talking. "Whatever you're gonna say, I don't wanna hear it right-"

"What's your room number?" I cut him off.

He made a face. "Why?"

"Your lovely fiancé is with my wife, and they need help. What? She didn't tell you? Is that how helpful you are huh?" I snapped back and put a hand on my hip. It was harsh, but I didn't care right now. Not a single bit.

Damien swore under his breath. "What the fuck are they doing?" He glanced down at his phone which buzzed. He briefly looked at me and then picked his phone up and read it.

"What?" I peered down at his phone.

Els 🔥: Its Flo! Ellie and I need some help. 

What the fuck is she doing?

What the fuck are they both doing?

"What's your room number?" I asked again.

Damien breathed frustrated out and began walking with his key card pulled from his pocket.

I followed him.

We didn't speak the whole way. Didn't even look at eachother. I'm the elevator, it was silence.

Awkward, angry, silence.

Coming out on the floor, I followed him to his door, my heart racing a little as he scanned the card. He opened the door and I closely followed.

And we both completely stopped in our tracks.

Ellie was standing in a black sports bra and underwear, looking at herself in the mirror. Oh, but Florence was behind her, luckily, dressed up like I left her. She was holding up a dress that looks like she was about to help Ellie get into.

They both looked at us.

What the fuck do they...

Ellie spoke first. "Before anyone moves... Or anyone slaps or punches anyone... Or snatches my best friend out of the room..."