41| Band-Aids & Vanilla

DOMINIK

I softly reached out to caress over Rosas hand, the soft top of it that was beginning to bruise up from where Liv landed on it.

She turned her head to look at me. "I'm ok, Dom." She whispered quietly, careful not to wake a sleeping Finn beside her. It was like a two hour flight... And he had to nap.

"Are you sure? It's not worse than it looks?" I check.

"It's fine, I think I would know that." She gave me a cheeky smile. "I can't wait to get back to your apartment."

"Me too." I add. "I couldn't think of anything better to do tonight than be in my bed... With my-"

"I have work tonight, Dom." She said.

I internally screamed. "Really?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I should have mentioned it earlier." She said.

"Well." I scratched my head. "How about after work, I'll take you for some churros?"

She beamed. "Dom... That'd be amazing. But I don't want you at work tonight."

"Why?" I sat up, anxiety already coursing through me.

"You can't come with me all time. I think everything will be ok, you know." She tried to assure me.

It didn't work, but I nodded slowly. "Alright, sure."

FLORENCE

Damien and Ellie both dropped me off out the front of home, and it already felt so warm to be back. I wasn't even inside yet. I hadn't even seen Ryan. I hadn't even hugged Rhea yet.

I strolled my way to the front door, trying to pull my keys out of my bag and-

The door wrenched open and I barely had time to let go of my suitcase before Rhea yanked me into a massive hug, wrapping me up in tight arms. Surprising me with how much she could move her arm already.

"Hey." I managed to hug her back hard and smiled against her chest. I feel like no matter what happened, this, hugging her, could always fix it.

Rhea didn't say anything, just held me for maybe a minute, like she desperately misses me. I called her this morning for like an hour before the flight. She sounded tired.

Pulling back, I looked at her face. Oh, and she looked very tired. "Did you sleep last night?" I ask carefully.

"Yeah." She brushed it off and softly held my cheek. "How was the flight? The drive?" She checked.

"Great." I nodded and she guided me inside, bringing my bags in behind her.

I was greeted very happily by the dogs, and I kissed them so much.

I also missed my little man, who I nearly jogged to his room, and I grinned when I found him just waking up from his afternoon nap.

He stretched his short and growing chubbier everyday arms and legs out, smile on his face as he saw me. I slowly pulled him up and into my arms with ease, and he just melted in my chest. "Hey, baby. I missed you so much." I whispered against his head.

I caught sight of Rhea leaning against the door, arms crossed, and wow she looked so hot.

I had to look down back at Ryan.

"Flo..." Rhea whispered. "I only just put him down, he'll need to keep sleeping."

I got the message. 1, he was still tired. 2, Rhea wanted to talk to me.