Lilo - Orange is the New Fear

"Not that one, thank you," Louis politely shoo'd the sales associate away that help up the orange shirt to him.

Liam saddled up to his boyfriend and curled around him. "This is crazy, Lou. It's just a color."

"It's an awful color. It's the worst color. It's like..." Louis just shuddered and buried his face in Liam's arm.

"I wish I knew how to help."

Louis wiggled out of his embrace. "You can't, so just let it go." He stomped out the store in a decidedly not childish way.

Liam huffed and went after him. "Lou!" he called. "Wait!" Louis slowed his steps enough for Liam to catch up. Liam put his hands firmly on Louis' shoulders then rubbed a thumb along Louis' lip until he smiled. "I know. Let's go get smoothies."

Louis smiled then. "Yeah, okay."

***

"I don't want it," Louis said again, the worker giving him a weird look.

"It's what you ordered."

"But I didn't..." Louis just back up into Liam's arms, who sighed and pushed the smoothie away.

"Can you make a different one for him? One that's not orange."

"Whatever," the girl rolled her eyes.

Liam rubbed at Louis' shoulders. "They're fixing it, yeah?" Louis just nodded. Once they had their smoothies and were walking back to Liam's place, Liam finally spoke up. "We have to do something about this."

"There's nothing to do, Liam. Just leave it alone."

Liam did leave it alone, until they got home at least. "I'm sure there's therapy for this."

"I don't want therapy!"

"You can't keep on being afraid of a color, Louis! It's ridiculous!"

"You don't understand! You couldn't."

"You're right, I don't. Because you refuse to talk about it."

Louis waved him off and threw his half-empty smoothie in the trash. "I'm going for a nap. Wake me for dinner."

"Lou, talk about this!" But Louis was already behind Liam's closed bedroom door.

***

"Wakey wakey, LouBear."

Louis hummed happily at the hands massaging his bare back. "Li," Louis moaned sleepily.

"Feel good?"

Louis just hummed again in agreement. But as Liam pressed more firmly into his skin, he felt that Liam's skin was...wet...no, slick? Louis' eyes peeled open so he could look over his shoulder.

Louis' mouth dropped open because Liam was straddling Louis with hands dipped in orange paint. "Holy shit! Liam stop!"

Liam pinned his shoulders down to the bed. "Stop squirming or I'll have to restrain you."

Louis started crying into his pillow. "Please, Liam. Don't."

"You said not two minutes ago that it felt good. You had no idea." Liam's hands kept rubbing circles across Louis' back.

"I didn't know," Louis pressed.

"Exactly." Liam wiggled down a little and pulled on the pants Louis fell asleep in. Louis squirmed and made a distressed sound into the mattress. "I'm going to make you feel so amazing, Lou. But I won't touch you unless my hands are orange."

"No," Louis cried. "Please don't."

Liam squeezed a hand under Louis' shifting hips and took his length in his hand. Louis groaned but buried his face to hide the sound.