You're Perfect to Me

livingforamiracle ao3

Summary:

After a fan tells Liam to leave for a picture, Zayn makes it his duty to show Liam that he's perfect no matter what anybody says.

------------------

Work Text:

Liam loves their fans so much. He's always been known as the one who loves the fans the most as well and it makes him blush every time someone sends him a thankful tweet or DM on Twitter. He's grateful to everyone who supports him and the boys because they're the reason they're doing what they're doing today and he's never been happier in his life. When he sees people making amazing edits of him, or complimenting him when they think he doesn't see it causes his heart to swell a few sizes too big for his chest and he just wants to curl into a ball and scream like a little girl because he loves his fans so much.

Liam knows he's not like Louis who's loud, sarcastic yet absolutely bubbly and hilarious when it really matters. Not like Louis who is able to hide his insecurities by a crude joke and a small smirk.

He's not like Harry who has that perfect appeal to their fans with his luscious curls and slow gravelly voice, the dimples in his cheeks and a smile that apparently makes all the girls swoon. Not like Harry who has gotten better at avoiding hate and ignoring what everyone says about him.

He's not like Niall who is so happy go lucky all the time, not giving a fuck about what everyone says about him, making girls swoon by just smiling or laughing and just living life as it is because you only live once right?

And he's definitely not like Zayn who is beautiful beyond words without even trying, talented in so many areas besides just singing, intelligent and absolutely heartbreakingly perfect that girls literally pray that their boyfriends will be just like Zayn because Zayn is the definition of perfect. He's not like Zayn who has his insecurities and feels better after a good smoke or by working on a piece of art.

He's just Liam, Liam Payne from Wolverhampton who had his dream come true at the age of 17 with 4 guys who became the best friends he can ever ask for. He still has his insecurities from when he was younger, from when he was bullied and taunted, and it keeps him up at night some days.

He still feels a pang of shame when he sees the hurtful words that some people have, Liam is fat and ugly, Liam needs to leave One Direction, Wow Liam is actually people's favorite member? And the list goes on for a while.

He remembers the one day, was it New York, where he'd tweeted for people to stop calling their rooms because they were trying to sleep and received a tweet saying he was heartless and didn't care enough about his fans that were outside, who'd waited for so long to meet him. Of course he felt bad but he needed his sleep or he wouldn't have enough energy to even stand up right to perform and wasn't he performing these concerts for their fans? Wasn't that good enough?

He'd gone to twitter to retaliate in the nicest way possible and the amount of tweets he received telling him how loved he is, that he does not have to apologize to the selfish girl who decided to tell him he was rude, that he is the best and everyone loves him no matter what, made him smile so wide that he felt close to tears.

Zayn had woken up to see Liam looking upset and he'd felt anger course through his body at the girl's tweet because who the hell did she think she was? Zayn has always been protective of Liam because Liam may seem like he's strong and doesn't let anything affect him, but in truth he's a big teddy bear with a lot of feelings and he gets hurt easily.

He'd wrapped Liam up in his arms as they'd seen all the tweets flood in from their fans, telling the girl off and sending Liam tweets of love and affection which had led to Zayn peppering kisses all over Liam's face before he was a blushing and giggling mess in Zayn's arms.