Newly Stained Shirt

Newly Stained Shirt- Ziam
highqualityziam on ao3

Summary:

Zayn and Liam are completely different people, but happened to live in the same building.

*ELEVATOR SEX*

why do I always change the cover I have no fucking idea

------------------

Work Text:

Zayn was making his way into his apartment building.

he had just come from a small, abandoned building that he uses as an art studio on his free time.

he loves art. it's always been his escape from everything. he was always made fun of for being gay, and art was an outlet for all of his negative emotions.

so he didn't mind that he had various colors of paint on his jeans from where he had wiped his hands off. the mess that he made just made him feel like he had accomplished something.

although, he did feel a bit out of place as he walked toward the elevator.

there was a man that was way taller then Zayn, and he was dressed impeccably in a clean, black suit. his face had only a slight show of stubble and his hair was in a buzz cut.

Zayn entered the elevator, slinging his black and worn bag over his shoulder, hearing the paint containers move around in his bag.

it was strange that these two people lived in the same building.

the man had pressed floor 4, and Zayn shuffled over to press 9, and then walked back and leaned against the wall, the atmosphere slightly uncomfortable and strangely tense.

the elevator doors closed and it seemed to take forever. Zayn was worried that the boy was judging him because Zayn wasn't a business man, and he looked like a complete mess.

the elevator started to move up and all of a sudden it came to a screeching halt, sending Zayn's small figure flying across and landing against the man's broad chest, who attempted to catch him, but it ended up causing Zayn to fall back, the man falling on top of Zayn, their faces inches apart. the boys deep, brown eyes looked full of worry, and Zayn spoke up frantically,
"shit- I'm so sorry."

as he was trying to get out from under the boy, he felt one of the paint containers break open, shooting paint out of the top of his back and Zayn cursed as he could tell that it got all over the boy.

Zayn looked in between them and saw all if the blue paint all over the two of them, feeling terrible.

he looked up slowly to the boy on top of him, and he was smiling.

Zayn chuckled at the situation,
"I'm so fucking sorry."

the boy laughed,
"I think that you might be the clumsiest person that I've ever met."

Zayn chuckled, staring a little too deeply into the boys' eyes,
"I'm actually the clumsiest person ever. I'm sure that nobody else is clumsier then me."

the boy laughed again,
"probably. it's cute though. I'm Liam."

Zayn blushed and spoke up,
"I'm Zayn. I'm so sorry about your suit."

Liam smiled and burned Zayn's face with his eyes,
"I don't mind. this makes me look artistic."

Zayn laughed, biting his lip and avoiding Liam's glance.

Liam spoke again,
"I should probably hit the call button so I can figure out why it stopped."

Liam's voice became soft and the elevator seemed to be heating up and their lips were centimeters before Zayn uttered,
"okay."