High Maintenance

High Maintenance
rorz94 ao3

Summary:

He carried on cleaning the spot, ignoring the fact that Zayn was staring at him in confusion; with a hurt grimace on his face, then went down even further to continue cleaning the rest of the curtain wall.
'Here goes nothing! Scored zero, very smart Zayn! You nearly killed the man and then clearly voiced that he was annoying you by doing his duties!'
He sighed again, went back to his desk with sagging shoulders.

----------

Work Text:

Routine...that is a good word. It makes you comfortable; it makes life predictable, no surprises at the end of the corner.

Zayn sat on his swivel leather chair, silver pen in hand, trying to focus on the flying numbers and charts and reports he had to read and sign on his desk. He never thought his future lied as a manager in a big corporation and companies...

He sighed deeply when he opened yet another file he has to reread and sign. His brows creased when he saw a small mistake that could have caused them a lot of trouble. So he called his secretary and asked her to come to his office immediately. He hated sloppily written contracts.

She came to his office with apprehensive face; she anticipated that she made a mistake and that she was going to get a lash out of her boss. After he finished his tirade about details and having to be a perfectionist if she wanted to continue to work for him, she hurried out of his office to retype the file as he requested.

While he was revising a huge specification file for a coming bid, the best thing in his day appeared on his curtain wall window. Here he was in his grey colored company work overall, safety cask on head, perfectly balanced on his carriage mast! His curtain wall window maintenance guy! Wait...since when he considered him his? He shook his head lightly to cast the thought aside. Okay, so it is not his fault he drools over the guy...he's hot okay! If all people saw him, they wouldn't blame him either.

An executive came to his office asking about the next meeting interrupting his daydreams about the hot guy hanging outside. He got all his attention once he mentioned a new deal that they have to work really hard for and the coming promotions that highly proven professionals would receive in the upcoming month. However, in his peripheral vision, he could tell there was a violent berserk movements going on outside. He smiled plastically to his high executive and mentioned the pile of work he had to do, so he politely excused himself...leaving him alone again...well not entirely.

The guy was deeply concentrated on a nearly non-existent spot on the glass, Zayn knew the worker can't see him from the outside but his movement is narrowing his inexistent concentration! Yes, because would you see those biceps, and the broad shoulders with the narrow hip...dying in here.

He felt suddenly hot, so he went to open his operable window. Air conditioning in their building was on in extreme weather and it's supposed to be sustainable and all this trendy stuff. So he stuck his head out a little!

"What are you doing?"

"Oh wow!" the man nearly toppled over his carriage, giving Zayn a mini heart attack.

"Be careful, are you crazy, I'm sorry I startled you! It's just you're moving a lot and distracting me!"

"Oh, sorry that I'm doing my job!" the man answered dryly.

He carried on cleaning the spot, ignoring the fact that Zayn was staring at him in confusion; with a hurt grimace on his face, then went down even further to continue cleaning the rest of the curtain wall.