I love you too Zayn Malik

BrightGoldenStar ao3

Summary:

Zayn has been in love with Liam ever since he met him. One night, Zayn is alone in his and Liam's hotel room and to his displeasure, he's lonely and horny. Liam comes back from a night of drinking and looking for a crazy night of passion...

------------

Work Text:

It's 2am on a Friday night and Zayn is alone in his and Liam's hotel room. He was resting on his bed flipping through the channels on the TV, but to his disappointment, nothing was on. He sighed as he left it on a random channel, placing the remote on the nightstand next to his bed. It was quiet and lonely being in the room all by himself and Zayn was starting to regret not going out with the boys.

The boys had all gone out to a club here in whatever city they were currently in, Zayn lost track of where they were currently on the tour to be honest. It was hard to keep up when you traveled to different cities every day. Zayn had decided to stay in.

"Come on Zayn!" Louis had said to him as all the lads were getting ready to hit up the club. "It won't be the same without you man! We're partners in crime!" Zayn laughed and gave Louis a pat on the back. "I'm just not feeling it tonight man, go have fun though!" He waved goodbye as all the guys were heading to the elevator, "Don't worry I'll drink enough for the both of us!" Niall shouted to him.

Being on tour really wasn't as fun as it used to be, at least for Zayn. He knew all the other boys loved seeing the world and going out to different places every day, Zayn did too, but that was years ago.

By the start of the "Where We Are Tour" Zayn had grown tired of touring. However, he never told anyone. Especially not the boys. He didn't know how they'd take it. He most certainly didn't want to let any of them know that he even had thoughts about quitting, especially since now they were currently on their "On the Road Again Tour"... so he kept it all hidden inside.

He had debated telling Liam a couple times. He trusted Liam in a way that was different from the other boys. He loved Niall and Harry, but he had always been closer to Louis and Liam. Zayn knew Louis wouldn't take the whole "I want to quit" thing well so he was DEFINITELY not telling him.

Then there was Liam.

Kind and caring Liam.

Zayn had a complicated history when it came to his feelings for Liam...

When the band was in its early stages, from the X-factor to around the time "What Makes You Beautiful" was released as a single, Zayn had fallen head over heels in love with Liam. He admired how Liam always knew what to say and how he cared so much about all the boys. His voice was also the most beautiful sound Zayn had ever heard. Every time Liam sang, Zayn swore he saw heaven. Then his beauty. Don't even get Zayn started on Liam's beauty. Liam was so incredibly beautiful, inside and out. He had perfect brunette hair that looked good no matter what hairstyle he had. His eyes were the most beautiful brown he'd ever seen. Then his body... Zayn could spend hours just thinking about Liam and that body...

They had even kissed at one point! Zayn was pretending to start a fight with Liam and got real up close to his face, and for some reason, he went for it and gave Liam a quick kiss right on the lips! They both laughed it off and went on like normal after though.

However, Zayn knew that Liam would never feel the same way.

Liam was straight. He would never love Zayn the way Zayn loved him.

So Zayn learned to contain his feelings for Liam.

He never stopped loving Liam though... His feelings never went away, but he learned how to hide them.