This is Mine (or Step the Fuck Off, Bro)

zappowziamfeelsbomb on ao3

Summary:

One of Zayn's sparring partners decides to make a move on Zayn. Liam really doesn't like this. No, he really really doesn't like this.

-----------

Zayn tipped his head down and rested it on the cool tile, letting the steaming hot water pour over his head. It had been a particularly difficult training session today, starting with a ten mile run and his manager, Louis, screaming in his ear to move faster and pick his knees up higher. Then two hours in the ring with the strongest of his sparring partners, and Jonas hadn't taken it easy on him. Louis had encouraged the heavier fighter to really challenge Zayn.

Fucker.

But Zayn's next fight was almost here. Less than a month away now and Louis was going to drive him hard every day until the fight. Zayn could win this fight, he knew that, but being in peak condition would ensure that the fight was fast and the win decisive. The least amount of time Zayn could spend in the ring would leave him in much better shape for Gamble. And that was the fight he needed to really focus on being ready for.

Zayn flicked his head back and wiped the water from his eyes before cranking the dials and stopping the flow of water. He took the towel hanging from the hook outside the stall and dried his hair. He crossed into his locker room and threw the towel into a laundry bin. He twisted in place, stretching his back muscles, testing to see how they were going to react to the punishing hours of training. His body resisted the movement, but only slightly. He would need ice and a good soak later today to make sure he didn't freeze up.

His stomach grumbled. He was starving. The pre-fight diet was brutal. All protein and vegetables with only a small mix of carbs. It was designed for him to build muscle and still be able to make weight. To make him long and lean. It also left him rarely satisfied, no matter how many thousands of calories he took in each day.

He had the rest of the night off and intended to spend every minute of it with Liam, who had taken the train up this morning and arrived just when Zayn was finishing for the day. Zayn had only seen him enter the gym and take his usual seat at the back to watch. Daring to only greet him with a smile and a quick wave, otherwise Jonas would have pummeled Zayn to the mat with the lapse in focus.

Jonas was a wicked sparring partner. One weight class up from Zayn-at the very top tier of it in fact-his body was thick in places Zayn would never be, no matter how much chicken he ate or reps he did. And that red flame devil tat up Jonas' side only matched the evil grin he wore.

Zayn bent over and rummaged through his bag picking out a tee and sweatpants. The door to his locker room clicked open behind him and Zayn, still very naked, turned, thinking it had to be Liam because anyone else would have knocked. But Zayn's eyes narrowed when he caught sight of Jonas leering at him from the door.

"Knock, fucker," Zayn bit out and pulled on his pants.

Jonas gave that feral grin of his and openly surveyed Zayn's body. "That was a good session."

Zayn gave a gruff mumble in reply. "Right. I'm going to hope Louis doesn't call you back for at least a couple more weeks."

Jonas crossed the room and picked up Zayn's tee.

Zayn held his hand out to take it, but Jonas kept it away from him. Zayn furrowed his brows and felt his hands balling into fists in an immediate uncontrollable reaction to Jonas. He didn't not like the guy, but he was used to getting shit from boxers who were bigger than him. And since coming out at his gym there had been more than one instance of homophobic remarks. Zayn steeled himself and glared at Jonas.