The Pocky Game

The Pocky Game
ziaminlove ao3

Summary:

Zayn is done with his and Liam's shit. He decided to end it by playing this game.

Note:

For those who have no idea what Pocky Game is:
Pocky Game [When two people eat at each end of a chocolate (or strawberry) dipped bread stick (aka Pocky) until their lips meet. Who ever pulls away last is the winner of the game. ーurbandictionary]

------------------

Work Text:

Zayn really did regret not giving Liam his limited edition strawberry-coated with real strawberry bits Pocky which is like an unstated promise with Liam. It's like a tradition that in that certain day or week of the year; Zayn would give Liam a box of it as a treat but this year he missed because he was busy making Liam jealous over Niall.

He regrets it because he wasn't able to see how Liam's face lit up every time Zayn gives him a box. Missed how Liam's eyes almost squeezed shot when he smiles.

It's not like he can do something about it. Since that night at the dressing room, he and Liam kept on keeping scores. They seem to like to make each other jealous.

That one time he almost explode with rage when he saw Liam and Louis playing the Pocky game; he was just relieved when Louis broke the Pocky stick when they had the last inch left.

He's done; so done. He should do something about this. He can't take it anymore. He and Niall are just fooling around and fucking Louis and Liam are like serious about this. Although he knows that there's something between Louis and Harry, he still can't help it.

He opened the door and walked into the room and saw Liam and Louis on the couch cuddling each other and laughing. He felt like there's a knot in his stomach and it burns in his chest.

He huffed to himself.

He walked directly to Liam and held his wrist. Liam had no choice but to stand up from the couch. Zayn dragged him and he just let himself be dragged. Although, Liam has no idea what happened or where they are going. Suddenly they're inside Zayn's car. He still has no idea where they are going.

Few minutes later the car stopped.

"What are we doing here?" Liam finally asked.

Zayn didn't answer.

"What are we doing here?" Liam repeated.

Suddenly, Zayn was dragging him again without even answering. They're now inside the Zayn's house. They climbed the staircase and passed few rooms; finally they're inside Zayn's room. Zayn threw Liam on the bed (not that he was really able to). He is now sitting on the bed near the edge although his feet aren't touching the ground.

Zayn hovered over him with his arms and hands supporting his weight on the bed, locking Liam in his position. He stared at Liam's eyes and smirked.

"What the hell are we doing here?" Liam snapped.

"Bright idea, let's play thisー," he reached for something at the bedside table and show it to Liam. It was a box of strawberry flavoured Pocky. Not that one with the real strawberry bits but Liam still likes it. "ーif I win, then you'll answer whatever I ask; if you do, I'll answer that question." Zayn smirked.

"What the heー," before he could finish protesting there's already a Pocky stick poking his lips. He could smell the inviting scent of chocolate strawberry coating the pretzel.

He sighed. There's no other way out here; so, he opened his mouth and tasted the strawberry coating. Zayn smirked with the other end of the stick in his mouth.