•|14|•

M A H I R

M A H I R

We define ourselves by our family. Their names, their actions they define who we are. The bond of family is not a bond forged by choice. It comes with love, respect and care for one another.

And yet when they say, no betrayal hurts deeper than the one the family gives. It did hurt sometimes so much that it can change you into a complete different person.

The sins of parents are the sins of child. I heard that phrase in high school, never knew it would rather be applied on me and I have to suffer on the hands of people whome once my family had wrong.

As I shifted my gaze from the spectacular view from my office to the door behind me, I scowled.

I watch Rudra stride inside with a particularly happy face which intrigues me as to what happened that made my brother so happy. Then, I remembered.

"Is something the matter, brother? You look pale. Could I fix you some coffee perhaps?" His tone was of taunting. Perhaps he needs a lesson.

I turned to face him raising an eyebrow but somehow amused.

"Oh, I forgot you must want your wife to make your coffee." The clicking of my shoe was the only thing to be heard.

"Strangely enough, brother I'm in not in a mimosa mood." I say unbuttoning the top of my shirt.

"You said we have a problem but I don't know why you have to tell that in secret. From what I heard, the deal with the Chinese are set to go." He said plopping on the seat infront of me.

"Under normal circumstances, the success of this project would be rather commendable, brother. Unfortunately, we have greater threat to contend with." I say walking around my desk.

His expression quickly changes into a look of confusion.

"What happened?" He asked looking at me. I pulled out the small note from the drawer and passed it to him.

"Have a look for yourself." I took a seat infront of him reading the expression on his face.

"Where did you find this?" He asked immediately, his eyes burning with rage.

"On my wife's car." That was enough for him to banged his hand on the desk. Impulsive. This morning when I was coming from jogging I found a note on her car.

Darkness isn't born. It's created by the snuffing out of a light.

"You punctured her car on purpose, didn't you?" He asked and nodded. I can see he's controlling his anger.

"Rudra, I want you to get a grip on yourself because this note has done nothing but set it's purpose. It's a message brother," I stare at Rudra. "He is here."

"He's been here all along since he plotted that accident for Bella. Now, I need you to recall every single thing happened while you and Bella were in Banglore." I said with a straight posture as he filled me in.