•|36|•

M A H I R

M A H I R

I collapsed into my swivel chair and
sat back to relax for a while, leisurely rotating it from left to right. The files sprawled over my desk just intensify the ache forming in my head.

We just finished the meeting with Mr Gonzalez on video call. And as much as I dislike the man for bringing the havoc back in my life, this project was necessary. I had invested billions on this project and because of this I got few more projects including one in Phillipines and Russia.

The entire time I was stopping the urge to shout at Veronica who did nothing but get on my nerves. I couldn't say anything to her because there were other important board members present and I didn't wanted to create a scene. They all know her as the best architect of Italy and if it wasn't my past with her I'd have said the same.

Veronica was an excellent artist from the very start but she didn't had the confidence back then that's why she was my secratary. She wanted to learn first before diving in this industry.

I shook my head at the unnecessary thoughts, and checked the time on my wrist watch. It was few minutes past three. I hadn't seen or heard from Bella since she left for Aria's check up. She isn't picking up my calls and it's right to say I'm getting worried.

She said she'd be back and I prayed she would show up. I had plans for us that I didn't wanted to be ruined. I decided it's best I tell her today about Veronica before she does something.

There was a knock at the door and I opened my eyes, turning my attention to the door. It was my father standing at the doorframe with a small smile. He walked inside and took a seat infront of me. His sudden appearance confused me.

My father rarely visited my company although everything I have today is because of him. My dad was a self made billionaire and I was just his lucky son who had to carry on his legacy he had started with Reyan Raghuvanshi.

I was given the post of the CEO when I was twenty five. I was made the director of the headquarter first because my father thought it was wiser for me to learn first before taking the leadership position.

He was still an active member of the board who helped me in decision making and advised me. My father runs other businesses as well but they all are limited for just our country. I handle all the global projects and investors.

"What are you doing here, dad?" I asked once he was done looking around my office. He was in a white Valentino tailored suit.

"Why, can't I come to see my son?" He asked, causing me to roll my eyes at him. I stood up facing the glass wall as I called Bella again but she wasn't picking up.

"Is there any problem?" He stood infront of me, his hands in his pocket and sometimes looking at him reminds me how much we are similar.

"Bella is not picking up my calls." I mumbled with a sigh.