•|22|•

B E L L A

B E L L A

"I Thank each and everyone one of you for joining us in our special day. I'd like to apologize for the events that happened two weeks ago. To those who're worried about me, I appreciate your concerns but the matter is over now. R&S Architect has always been keen on it's principle and I, the CEO of the company has always made sure we lived with honour."

"I was framed and now I've been proved innocent. Now, I promise whoever tried to bring us down will face severe consequences."

I stare at Mahir whose presence speaks power and confidence. The camera and people it doesn't bother him but infact it made him even more bold.

"Now, I'd like to clear few things regarding other rumours. As you know I got married. We had some personal reasons to keep it private and I think y'all deserves to know the truth.." he paused and looked at me.

"Aria and I broke up before the wedding for our personal reasons. We both agreed that we weren't suitable for each other and hence parted our ways on good terms."

My eyes widened at his words. What is he saying? People started whispering amongst themselves and started writing it down.

"Mr Mahir then how did you married Ms Bella?"

"Rumours has it that Ms Aria ran away from the wedding and Ms Bella was the replacement. Is it true, Mr Mahir?"

"Ms Bella where is your sister? Did she really ran away?"

"Mr Mahir why did you hide your wife for two months?"

My heart started beating loudly as they all looked at me, some with anger, some with curiousity. I knew they had questions for me but this— it's an accusation.

"If anyone says one more word about my wife, I'll make sure it's the last time they set their foot in this country. Am I clear?"

Mahir's loud voice boomed in the entire place and suddenly there was a pin drop silence. Every eye turned away from us in fear.

"There's no Bride replacement. It was a mutual understanding from both the families to see us get married. Our marriage is based on respect and mutual consent and I'd really appreciate if you do not talk to my wife like that." He said in a threatening tone.

"Bella Raisinghani is my wife and any disrespect towards her is a disrespect towards me. Keep that in mind."

He spoke loudly and then shifted his gaze to me. He squeezed my hand lightly and gave a small smile to me which I reciprocated.

~

"Are you okay, dii?" My brother asked once all the paparazzi left me. I nodded at my brother who looked at me worriedly. I just got back after finishing a very irritating photoshoot. My jaw hurts for smiling the whole time.