•|25|•

B E L L A

B E L L A

"Mahir—stop."

His steps halted and his back stiffened, his fist clenching at either sides and I could tell he's controlling himself from going ballistic.

"I didn't know that the enemy you're talking about was him. Mahir we met in California—

I was cut off when he grabbed both of my arms harshly.

"So, you have been fucking playing around with my backstabbing bestfriend?" He hissed gripped my shoulders.

"Language, Mahir. " I glared at him but that only irked him more. He ran his fingers through his disheveled hair. His shirt half unbuttoned and stains of blood decorated his clothes curtsey of the fight that the two had, tearing each other apart like animals.

Not even in millions years I'd have thought the guy who become my friend with just one meet is the same guy my husband was talking about.

Somehow Arnav stopped the fight and we arrived here ten minutes ago. The whole ride he was glaring at the road, cursing under his breath.

"You have no idea, Bella. That guy was the cause of everything." He said with a venom in his tone. He was pacing back and forth like a raging bull.

"He destroyed everything that I build—my name, my power—even me. Everything, and now I found out that my wife was befriending my foe behind my back." His eyes darkened as he stare at me.

"Mahir, I swear I didn't know. We met in California and then here after your accident—

"You met him after the accident?" He asked and hurt was evident in his eyes.

"Yes, I was there to meet Xian and I bumped into him. I didn't know."

He scoffs, "Ofcourse you don't. I was the fool here, guarding my family, forming strategies on how to finish my foes, I even spend twenty four hours in a fucking precinct to ensure that no harms comes to you and my family and here my wife was playing friendship." He said with sarcasm dripping of every word.

My eyes widened when he grabbed the vase from the table and smashed it into pieces.

"Mahir, you'll get hurt." I tried to stop him but he kept destroying things in anger.

"Mahir—

He snapped. "Are you happy now? Because that's what you and the rest of the women does."

My heart clenched hearing him say that. Does he think of me as one of  them? Did he think I'd hurt him knowing that every pain he's feeling right is paining me as well.

His eyes lost the warmth it held for me and now was replaced with a blank and empty look. He had a cut on his cheekbones and his lips busted.

"Do you really think that seeing you like this is making me happy? You think I'm enjoying this?" I asked looking him in the eye. His eyes flickered with something then it went back to blankness as he looked away removing his hands from mine.