1.

2005.
"It's getting hot in here, so take off your clothes, I am getting so hot I wanna take my clothes off!" I sang along side Nelly as the blasted through the speakers. The streets of East Cleveland was jumpin', it was the fourth of July weekend and Monty' was has having one of his parties, he had the biggest backyard on the block and his parents were never home. He had been throwing these parties since we was thirteen and I haven't missed one. I was posted with my girl Joey, who was the only white girl in the neighborhood but to me she was one of us. We had went to Macy's earlier that day and picked up two matching Lot26 Rompers and Yellow Chucks, her mother was a boosting junkie, so she kept us fly. I had pulled my hair up up into a ponytail, threw on some mascara, gold eye shadow (the only color my mother would let me wear), and lip gloss. The boys was going to stare regardless, I was a little thick for fifteen. I had a few handfuls of ass and full perfect breast, the type of breast that didn't let bra's confide them. "Tajai and JoJo, ya'll don't never miss none of Monty parties," Latesha said walking up to us with her little flunkies, Monique and Mercedes. Latesha was my neighbor, her mother had six kids and she was only twenty-nine. Her mother was one of those young mothers who let there kids do anything and everything because she was too busy running around herself, atleast that's what my mother told me.

"and I see ya'll don't miss no rainbow sales huh?" I laughed, I couldn't stand Latesha and she couldn't stand me. She found any excuse to be known in my presence and was always in my business. I think it as because she was just jealous.

"Ya'll wouldn't missin' them either if Jojo mom wasn't a thief." Latesha chuckled.

"Yeah, my mother told me that your mother was trying to sell her stolen steak and shrimp." She paused. "I mean who steals shrimp?"Monique cackled. Joey's head dropped to the ground, I knew she was embarrassed. That was my girl though, I wasn't going to let nobody down her. From what my mother said, everybody in this neighborhood struggling don't let them fool you.

"Okay, Latesha mom need to start stealin', ya mom got all those damn kids and she our age." I said smirking. "And Monique and Mercedes, ya'll be fucking the same niggas and ya'll sisters. Atleast me and Jojo ain't running around fucking the world." I paused. "And Monique I heard about Rico from the North, how he fucked you with no condom, had you scratching for weeks." I stopped again. "If anybody wanna throw punches, let's get to it. I don't do the talking and ya'll know that." I rolled my eyes. "Come On, Joey." I walked past them and made my way to the basement, the source of the music.

"Doll Face!" Monty said, the basement was smoked out and everyone was drinking. I wasn't into recreational drinking and drugs, I had tried it a few times but my momma' was strict and she bionic ears and a house nose, nothing got pass her.

"Hey Monty," I replied with a smile. I knew Monty liked me, we had been hanging tight all summer, but it wasn't going anywhere. I mean, I let him finger me a few times, we maybe kissed once; I wasn't into him like that, It was just something to do while school was out. Monty was cute though, his dark midnight skin, juicy lips, white teeth, and waves. He just wasn't who I wanted my high school sweetheart to be. I had been waiting for my knight in shining armor to come sweep me off my feet. He had to be older, maybe seventeen with a car. So he can take me and JoJo to the mall sometimes, He had to have to some source of income, sweet, and fine. Was that too much to ask for? I did all my chores, I had good grades, and I never talked back to my momma, I deserved some eye candy. "I hope ya'll enjoying yourselves." He winked at me.

"We are," I said shyly.

"I wanted to introduce ya'll to my cousin, he's here from Chicago." He said, as a boy walked up along side of him. He was tall, light skin, he had a short hair cut, and chinky eyes. I wasn't captivated until he smiled. he was wearing A Black Holister T-shirt, cargo shorts, and some fresh black airforce ones. He had a G-shock on his wrist and a Sidekick on his hip. He had his little swag all put together and I was digging it. "Bliss, this is Joey." He paused and wrapped his arm around my neck. "And this is my girl Dollface." He starred at me for a minute and smiled, I couldn't help but smile back.