17.

I had washed the make-up off of my face and put on something so simple just to appear my age. I was so used to being in an adult world that I didn't know how to act sixteen. I had felt a sense of relief stepping back into a child's place. "Doll," My brother said softly as if appearing out of thin air.

"Terrance," I flashed a weak smile. He pulled me Into an embrace. I felt a sense of love, a feeling of comfort, and it was something I had not experienced in months. I was crying on the inside but I remained strong.

He had put on a few pounds mostly muscle, it looked good on him. His hair was freshly cut and his beard gave him a manly appearance. "How you been?" He asked me. I expected a harsh tone from him, this softer side had surprised me.

"I'm living," I smiled. "How's everything back home?" I had not spoken to anyone back home.

He had began to play catch up, telling me about all the gossip in my neighborhood. Who had moved out the hood, who was dating, who was beefing. He even told me Jojo and Month were dating and had been attached at the hip since I left.

It seem like we talked for hours, mostly reminiscing about our childhood and events that had led up to the day I left. I had never seen my brother in this type of light, I admit it was strange. But, it felt good to be around someone who wasn't a stranger to the real me. There was an awkward silence between us. "You know mommy is sick without you, it ain't the same without you." He told me.

"How did you find me?" I asked him.

"Monty." He chuckled. "We miss you, we all miss you." He paused. "I'm not hear to judge or tell you how to live your life. We've heard gossip about what you been doing out here,"

"Lemme' guess from Monty?" I smiled. "Figures,"

"So is you true?" He asked me with a serious face. "You been stripping?"

"Yeah," I replied softly. "Before you flip out I make a lot of money and I take care of myself." I explained. I wasn't dancing anymore but to me it was all in the same, and I didn't want to make things worst.

"I'm not going to flip," he sighed. "I'm just glad you're okay," he looked me in my eyes. "You are okay, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I flashed a smile.

"Do you want to come home?" He asked me. "I'm going to force you to do anything you don't want to, but don't you want to finish school or go to prom, if you come back now we can get you caught up. It will be like you never left, we won't ever bring up what's happened. "

"I don't know," I bit my bottom lip in thought. I couldnt just go back to living a normal life especially since I was no longer living life the teenagers in my neighborhood. I didn't want anyone judging me or looking at me different because deep down inside I still was the same person. I just had adapted to my surroundings.

"Think about it," he said. "I knew that Bliss dude would be no good for you," he said shaking his head.

"Its not Bliss fault," I said. "He didn't hold a gun to my head Terrance. I agreed to go with no problems,"

"This nigga kidnapped you and you taking up for him-" he raised his voice in a whisper. "Look," he sighed adjusting his tone and temper. "I didn't come here to argue, I'm sorry. I just want my sister back, Tiara's getting so big now." He frowned.

"I know," I said as a tear left my right eye, I quickly wiped my eye. "How long are you hear for?" I asked him.