36.

I was awaken by my cellphone vibrating on my night stand. It was 7:45 in the morning. It was from an unknown number. "Hello?" I said.

"Hey, it's Mocha." She paused. "I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I wanted to tell you ahead of time. Archie Just woke up, go check on him before it's too late," the other end went dead.

Before it's too late? Echoed in my head. Was Bliss planning on trying to kill Archie because he couldn't get to me. I looked over at Tee who was asleep in my bed, and kissed his cheek. I grabbed my purchase and threw on a black Nike tracksuit and black furry flip flops. I went into my wine cellar and punched in the code to the safe. I had everything I had ever made in the past three months in the safe, last time I couldn't, I was about at 75 grand. I had been working my butt off trying to prove that I was the best at what I did, and Taylor and a Bionna were currently getting booked at Teen Parties and skating rinks here in Atlanta. I was becoming a mogul.

I grabbed three stacks and my gun, and placed it in my purse. I had to see Archie and figure out what was going on.

It had taken me 14 hours to reach Chicago, I had made it all the way - no sleep. I walked into the same outfit I had on when I left Atlanta. I gave the nurse his information, she looked confused. "He checked out last night," she told me. "It was like a miracle, he was in a coma one day and perfect the next." She said with a warm smile.

I turned confused, I pulled my phone out and dialed his number out of curiosity. "I knew you'd call," I heard a familiar voice say. It was Mocha, what was she doing answering Archie's phone.

"Bitch, what kinda shit you tryna pull," i asked her. "You better pray,"

"Listen, when you left someone had to step in," she chuckled. "Besides, I figure you'd be too busy to trying to make back the money you stole."

"I didn't steal shit, that I deserve that money and you know it." I said in the phone.

"Listen, All Bliss wants is money back, he said he'll settle for 1 million. The choice is yours," the phone went dead I kept trying to call, but I kept getting the voicemail.

I walked to my car and instantly dropped everything. My phone, my keys; it was him. I hadn't seen him in months and he was still a handsome devil. He had cut his hair. I smirked.
"You cut ya hair?" I said before he could speak. He took the Newport from behind his ear and lit it, and then brushed his head with his left hand.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "I needed a change, besides couldn't nobody do my ponytail like you," he said with a sincere look on his face but his eyes still showed his anger. "I can't believe you snaked me like this. After everything we been through you leave a nigga fucked up huh?" He said taking another drag of his cigarette. "So here's what we going do, I'm going to allow you to come back and make back what you stole." He said.

"I didn't steal shit, it's my money just like it's yours. You will never change," I started to cry.

"You knew who I was when you met me, ain't shit change but he networth. So you either going come back or you won't leave this parking lot alive," he paused. "I promise you," he reached in his pocket and pulled out a 38, he pointed it at me. I was pretty sure my life was ending.

"Bliss I can't be with you," tears ran down my eyes. "I'm not happy," I paused. "Not with you." His facial expression didn't change. He didn't flinch, his body language didn't changed. It was the calm before the storm, he unleashed the beast. He charged for me and screamed "where the fuck is my money Tajai?!" He pinned me against my trunk and punched me. I socked him back and threw me down. I spat at him.

"I fucking hate you, get off of me." He grabbed me by my hair and drug me to his car. Throwing me in the trunk. "You won't give me my money, I know ya boyfriend will." I heard him say, then I heard the flicker of a lighter, a few steps and a car door slam. He turned on the engineer and his mixtape blasted through the speakers, and he started to drive.

I could feel every lump and bump in the road. It felt like it was thirty minutes, but I knew it was only about ten or fifteen. I heard him get out, get back in, and pull up, and then I heard the garage door shut. He popped the trunk open and he stood over me with the same 38 pointed at me. "Get out," he directed me inside a house. We walked down a dark hallway and then down a few steps. He turned the lights on. "Really?" I crossed my arms. "You can at least put me in a room with a window, this is how you treat the love of your life?" I rolled my eyes.

"The apple of my eye, my cherry pie." He paused with a smirk. "Now strip, there's a shower back there, and change into this." He pointed to the bed where red lingerie was set up.

I hoped Into the shower and got myself together. The one thing about bills was, he was a hygiene freak. The bathroom was stalled with lotions, and soaps, and pomades, and even body butters. At least I knew Bliss, I had at least for hours before he snapped again. He would attack, and relax, and then pick at you until you'll eventually drive yourself nuts.

I got out the shower and got dressed in the lingerie. "You always stay ready, don't you?"he said looking down at my toes that matched my French tip mani/pedi.

"I do,"

"Good, because yo price just went up." He grinned.

Demario walked into the room. He gave Bliss a duffle bag. "650k, cash." He smirked, looking at me like a meal.

"Really Bliss?" I said in tears. This was different than what me and Kandy used to do. I was being purchased.

"You wanna keep playing with me," he threatened. "You wanna sell me out, now look at you still a high paid whore." He snarled.

Demario snatched my hand. "I just bought you your life, thank me." He pushed me to the ground and signalled for Bliss to leave. He started to unbuckle his pants."

"We could have worked something out," I told him.

"Bitch, I got tired of talking to your ass, I own you."

I was in a sunken place, for hours, I detached myself from life. He had his way with me. I had been used and abused before but this one broke me, to the core. I was numb, how could the person I love so much bring me so much pain? I never got a straight answer from anyone, because I don't think anyone could up with a reason as to why people did that?