19.

My brother had awaken me, we had arrived back in Ohio. I had began to erase all of the scars that had I had gotten in Chicago, and from Bliss. "Home sweet home," I sighed as he put the car in park.

"Home sweet home," he smiled hopefully.

I figured, I had saved up in total seven grand and some change from my escapades in Chi-town. That would last me a while especially since I was getting enrolled back in school and would find a little part time job just to keep me busy. I had a plan, I would enroll back in school, get my permit then my driver's license, get a part time job, and then buy me a car.

I walked into my house, it was silent the smell of my mothers homemade Alfredo pasta filled the air. Since when wasn't she working? I said to myself. "Maaaaaaaa," I sang softly.

She greeted me with tears in her eyes, nas if she had Missed my entire childhood. "Oh, Tajai." She embraced my presence.

"Hi ma!" I smiled. She was so gentle with me as if she was waiting for me to wither away like dust.

"What took you so long to come home?" She asked.

"I was scared," I said honestly. "I didn't think you would ever look at me the same."

"No matter what you do, I'm proud of you. I'm proud of you now, you beat this. And now I'm behind you all the way in reconstructing what was broken."

I spend the whole night chasing my sister around the house, and getting reacquainted with my family. I found my way to my room that was just as I left it, which still felt unfamiliar to me. I couldn't even sleep, I decided I would go pay a visit to JoJo, I know she didn't know I was back in town. I wanted to see her before I seen everyone in school and before it got too weird.

I knocked on her door, and JoJo appeared. Her hair was longer, her hips a little wider, but a smile was missing from her beautiful face. "What's up Jo?" I said smiling.

"I'm not allowed to talk to you," she said folding her arms.

"Why not?" I scoffed.

"Because my mom thinks your too fast for me." She said with a smirk.

"So that's how it is, we been best friends since forever." I rolled my eyes.

"Was," she paused. "You think about me when you ran off to go live with some man a hundred miles a way. Why should I be considered of your feelings?" She said tearing up. "Not a text, a call, a thank you! She paused. "I thought you were dead, doll. Nobody knew what happened to you." She said sniffling.

"I'm sorry, Jo." I replied with my head hung low. She was right , I didn't think about anyone but myself when I left. "I really am, you know I wouldn't do it on purpose." I paused. "Come by my house tomorrow, I got so much to show you and tell you." I said pulling her into a hug.

"Okay," she hugged me. "Can I bring Monty?" She asked. "Hes been my best friend since you left."

"Yeah,"' I said smacking my teeth.

I had made my way home and began unpacking. I had so many clothes that girls my age would never wear. It was almost sickening.

Last night, I kept having the same dream over and over again. I would wake up and go back sleep still dreaming the same dream. Bliss would be holding a gun to my head as I am on my knees begging for my life.

I finally got the hint around seven that I wasn't going back to sleep. I decided to get up, shower, and throw something on to wear. I settled with a black polo t-shirt, Black Nike leggings, and some white toms. I threw my hair in a ponytail applied lipgloss: I was ready for my day. I had a few things that I wanted to do today before meeting up with JoJo. I wanted to get my number changed, pick up a few things from the mall, and make my way around the city. I was going to accomplish this all on foot; Walking was another thing I was going to have to get used to.