Chapter 11

Thank you for the reads and votes! :)

(o)

"What?" Selena asked.

"We're going to my flat" Harry repeated, rolling his eyes.

"No we can't, just take me home" Selena said, the thought of going to his flat was making her tummy do somersaults. But logic was nagging at her brain, telling her it was a bad idea as people had twisted ways of interpretation which would undoubtedly lead to no good with the lad's fame.

Did she just seriously say that she'd rather be alone than with me after what happened? Ouch.

"Excuse me?" Harry asked incredulously, the pang of jealousy he felt earlier returning.

"I'll be fine Harry"

"I presume he knows where you live, yeah?"

"Uhm, yeah"

"Then I believe it's not a question, love" Harry replied, his jaw clenching a bit, not entirely fond of the newfound information.

"But I-"

"I am not going to let you sleep alone with a lunatic on your trail Selena. Either, you stay at my flat or I stay at yours', I don't really mind. End of discussion" Harry replied sternly, obviously quite pissed.

"Fine" Selena huffed, annoyed. She was greatly appreciative of his concern for her. But she couldn't deny that his foul mood was already rubbing on her. She could tell that Harry was irked; he did just get in a fight after all, but why so peeved all of a sudden?

"Good girl" Harry replied sarcastically.

Selena bit her bottom lip, to prevent herself from giving a snide remark. Surely, there's a reason why Harry's acting a bit of a jerk and she was determined to find out.

(o)

Selena quickly undid her seatbelt, gathered her things and opened the car door just as Harry had shut the engine off after parking at the garage. Just as she had placed one foot on the ground however; pain had immediately shot from her knees and spread to her entire legs and feet, but being the proud and stubborn girl that she is, decided to ignore it and started to walk in what she hoped looked normal enough.

"What are you doing?" Harry asked, not even bothering to try to hide the amusement in his tone, clearly irritating the woman more.

"What does it look like? Obviously I'm walking you je-" Selena was unable to finish her statement and instead ended in giving out a shriek as she felt herself being lifted by two arms.

"Well it sure does, if you're a chicken"

"Just put me down, I can walk" Selena huffed, infuriated as she tried to push at his chest and get down, but to no avail. The female can't deny the shiver that run down her spine the moment she was encased in his strong arms and toned chest. But no matter how much she loved the feel of it, she knew that people would get the wrong impression when they were seen like this and she just refused to keep dragging his reputation any lower with her.

"No love you can limp and besides I think I love the feel of you in my arms, yeah?" Harry was stung when she struggled to get out of his hold, but knowing he had the upper hand refused to let her go so easily. Besides, she was in a lot of pain; he wouldn't let her suffer that just because they were bickering right now.

"Shut up smart ass" Selena muttered under her breath as she crossed her arms in defeat, but unable to hide the noticeable blush that crept up her cheeks.

"Oh come on now, the least you could do is to admit it's mutual" Harry said smugly and when he got no reply decided to be cheeky and gave her thigh a small squeeze, earning a yelp and a "jerk" from the woman in his arms. Though he would appreciate the situation better if they were a lot more smitten than they currently were, the lad did find her infuriated state truly cute and entertaining, not that he would admit it out loud. So he just did what he thought he can do to enjoy it, pester her. The gentleman in him knew it wasn't an appealing plan, but if it was the only way he could get her to talk and not ignore him entirely, then he was taking his chances.