Chapter 46

AN: I know it's been a week and this is completely unrelated but I just need to rant. Did you guys see how Gigi Hadid dissed Harry in live television during the AMAs?

I mean wow, how immature can you get? Sure, you don't like the guy but you can still be civil, duh! And please, even if Harry was wearing your grandmother's wallpaper or couch, I doubt anyone can pull off that look better than him.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest.

Hope you like this :)

(o)

Selena locked herself in their room and continued to pace around for the umpteenth time. The other girls were doing other various things, all trying to occupy themselves with anything they could stumble upon. It had been two hours since the boys left due to the 'surprise' meeting they had to attend. Selena and the rest of the girls were keen to go with them. But the boys politely declined. Not one of them spared any detail about the purpose of the meeting, telling them that it was just about the tour. But the girls weren't fooled.

The boys have been acting dodgy since their management had contacted Liam, all of them eager to keep the smiles on their faces and act nonchalant. But the nervous apprehension on their eyes were a dead giveaway that they were about to deal with something grave; more so with Liam's slip up of it being a 'walker'.

Though they were bent to remain tight-lipped, Selena was somehow able to fish for some information thanks to her keen observation. It seems management rarely calls the boys and if so it always led to no good. Simon, though known for his stern guidance is actually a friend of the boys and always acted as the middle man. If there was something the management didn't exactly approve of with their shenanigans, Simon made sure to always take the blame and the heat from them - literally and figuratively. He would then relay the message to the band, albeit in a less vicious way.

Though all of them were undeniably nervous and worried, it was Selena who seems to suffer the worst anxiety. Even Harry's sweet, coaxing words and the gentle kisses placed on her forehead did nothing to appease her feelings. It was to be expected though as she happened to stumble on another internet article just a few moments after they left and this time, Selena was pretty convinced that this was all her fault.

She was so selfish.

True she had been deeply hurt by what she witnessed the night before. But that was no reason for her to bring the band's respectable image down with her. She had been photographed storming out of the bar with hurt and anger brimming on her face. But it was clearly Harry who yet again received the gravest torment, and it was all thanks to his idiot girlfriend.

He was seen rushing after her with tears of grief and desperation in his eyes, looking like a lost child. It appears his downfall was grabbed like a beacon for the renaissance era of the paparazzi as they feasted on dozens of unflattering shots of the lad: him screaming her name, chasing after the cab like a madman and the one that shattered her heart to a million pieces, the sight of him so helpless and crying on his knees.

She had brought this upon him.

For the first time, it appeared also unhelpful that not a single representative of the media have been present and able to witness everything, all of them now concocting different stories to the cause of that scene. But what agitated her most was the cruelty and apathy of some people that poked fun with his breakdown, retweeting it over and over again, their comments becoming far much more spiteful than the previous ones.

After the two models left, she was pretty sure that everything had come back to normal. But it hasn't even been a full fifteen minutes when everything came spiraling down. Now she wasn't even sure if their discussion had done any good. She gave her word not to disclose anything to anyone who does not need to be involved in the issue. But if it came to a point where she would be certain that it will help clean Harry's good name again, then she wouldn't hesitate to blabber everything in a heartbeat, even if it earns her a police record. But until she's sure that would gain advantage, then she will keep her mouth shut.