Chapter 35

AN: 6.6k reads and 381 votes!

Amazing, thank you guys! Love you all. Please be warned this contains smut.

Harry watched as a nuance of emotions flashed on the face of a nonplussed Selena, the corners of his lips twitching as an amused smile appeared on his face.

"Wha - How - I mea-"

"Babe, slow down, take a breath, yeah?" Harry said, chuckling.

Selena narrowed her eyes, but proceeded to do so nonetheless, it was what she probably needed anyway "Why on earth are we on New York?"

"I told you I had a surprise for you"

"This is your surprise?" Selena asked, her voice an octave higher. "Yeah, I thought you might want to see the ball drop with me. Do you like it?" Harry asked, nervously scratching the back of his head. Selena's jaw dropped, her eyes wide as saucers "You bring me to New York for New Year's and you ask if I like it. Harry Edward Styles are you insane? Of course I like it!"

Harry's lips stretched in an ear-to-ear grin by the end of Selena's tirade, pleased with the outcome of his effort. "But, how did you manage to bring me here without me noticing?" she asked, her eyebrows knitting in confusion. "Distracting you was actually the easiest part since you were very smitten with my charm as always" Harry cockily answered as he bent down a little and took her hand in his to place a kiss on her knuckles while flashing her a wink.

"Shut up, you ass" Selena huffed, her cheeks unable to deny the truth in his statement, the shade darkening upon hearing her parents' snickers.

"Wait, is this the same favor you asked of the woman at the Heathrow airport?"

"Yeah, I asked her to pretend that we were indeed bound to LA"

"But I should have heard it at the intercom right?"

"That is why I had you wear your earphones during take-off and landing and as I said a while ago, I had the job of being the distraction, which is actually pretty easy" Harry remarked, not even bothering to lessen the cockiness in his voice. "Whatever" Selena said rolling her eyes "But" she paused, smiling then took a step forward and stood on the tip of her toes, holding on Harry's biceps for support "Thank you" she continued, after placing a kiss on his cheek.

"You're welcome love, let's go explore New York, yeah?"

(o)

Selena bit her lip, eyeing herself in the bathroom mirror, deep in contemplation on whether or not she should wear this wardrobe to bed.

Their initial plan to make an escapade in New York was cut short, since it was already 10 PM, thus ending to be just a short dinner at the Le Bernardin, one of the finest restaurants the city has to offer. Much to the amusement of the ladies, the bill was wrestled between the two men, Brian insisting on paying, saying it was only right since Harry had already paid for their airfare and the hotel, a fact that made Selena gawk at her boyfriend. But Harry being the stubborn man that he is, still found a way to come out the victor, as he is a regular at the restaurant and was a friend of the chef's. Selena's horror intensified upon learning that they will be staying at a premier two-bedroom suite at none other than The Carlyle Hotel, one of the most prestigious hotels in New York. Setting a foot inside the majestic lobby, Selena can't help but to fall in love immediately. The polished floor reflecting the grand chandelier looming above their heads with a warm glow, while the white walls, bearing intricate carvings a sharp contrast to the sleek black furniture and bright orange couches; granting it a feminine, romantic touch. All in all, it was a picture of luxurious, classic elegance and oddly yet expectedly for Selena, what made it all the more perfect was Harry Styles, standing in the middle looking like a model in the centerfold of a magazine. Their suite didn't fall short in the chic category either, adorned with stylish Victorian furniture and accompanied with magnificent, posh bathrooms. The only dilemma she was suffering was indeed her apparel, which was another surprise of the night from her cheeky boyfriend and he also specifically requested that she wear it tonight. The cream-colored silk nightgown was certainly beautiful and exquisite with the low neckline, hugging her curves nicely and flowing gracefully just below her knees. Puffing air out of her cheeks, Selena went out of the bathroom, thankful that she had already bid her family goodnight, having no desire for them to see her in this attire and give them the implication that she was seducing Harry, although she knew she'd be lying if she'd say that she hasn't been fantasizing about him lately.