Chapter 40

AN: So, I originally just planned one chapter but when I got to the middle, I realized it was turning to be quite a very long one and I didn't want to remove some parts. So I decided to just split it into two and upload it both tonight.

Surprise! Yay!

I hope you love it guys :)

Selena released a nervous huff as she eyed her reflection, completely hesitant with her current outfit. Not to toot her own horn, but if she was being totally honest with herself, she could say that she looked good. It only needed confidence and she was pretty sure hers had fled to the Himalayan Mountains. Her dress was a form-fitting, asymmetrical black and white with a low neckline. It had a slit from the middle of her chest down to her upper left thigh that was only connected by a looped string. With just a single glance, the dress had managed to grab her admiration, the only troubling thing was that the wearer would have to go commando. Normally, the female would bypass such a daring dress knowing that it was way out of her league. But going dress hunting on a distracted state much more so with a pregnant Machiavellian woman did not go into mix.

Her attire was completed with an au naturel look, courtesy of Lou. This was the first time that she had the privilege of meeting the woman and immediately she knew that they were going to be friends, especially her cute tot. The stylist was the only one who has seen her apparel, instantly gushing on her 'stunning looks' as she put it, as Selena had been intent on having her hair and make-up done within the confinements of her and Harry's hotel bedroom.

"Selena! Aren't you done yet? C'mon we're taking pictures!"

Selena jumped slightly from the loud knock followed by the excited voice of Zoey. Puffing out air from her cheeks, she then went to open the door by a tiny bit, making sure only her head was visible. "I'll be out in a minute, but do you have a coat I can borrow? I don't have any that would be appropriate with the occasion"

"What are you talking about? You can't wear a coat to the billboard awards!" Zoey reproached her, looking attractive in her plunging, gold sequined dress. "Because I feel breezy?" Selena said, which came more of a question. "What?!" Zoey asked baffled, pushing the door open forcefully, revealing Selena's outfit on full display. "Oh My God, you idiot you will not wear a coat!" Zoey exclaimed, her eyes wide as saucers. Zoey's outburst, much to Selena's dismay was clearly heard by everybody as the chatter and commotion in the suite seemed to have died down, obviously intent on listening on their conversation. "Is she wearing it?" asked Eleanor, followed by the clicking of her heels.

"You look fucking hot babes" El squealed. "I want to see" Sophia's voice piped in as her form appeared on the doorway also "I love it!"

"Thanks guys, you look great too" Selena gushed, her cheeks red from the attention.

"Is that my girl you're talking about?" Harry's voice came, just as his towering form appeared in the doorway at the exact same time Selena stepped out, her cheeks turning a darker shade of crimson. "H-hi"

(o)

Oh Fuck

Harry's eyes widened as he took in her appearance. Harry considered himself to be an articulate man, but it was the first time he found himself at a loss for words, none coming close to describe the beauty in front of him that he had the privilege of calling his girl.

"H-hi" she stammered, totally red in the face. "Hello Beautiful" Harry replied after being able to find his voice, lifting her left hand to place a kiss on her knuckles, while his other hand snaked its way to her waist, pulling her flush against him. "Please tell me you're my date tonight" he said naughtily, causing Selena to slap his chest playfully as the other girls cawed in admiration. "You're looking fine Selena" Liam complimented kindly. "Thanks, so are you guys" Selena replied as she admired the guys that were donned in an all-black ensemble, her eyes lingering on the handsome lad beside her. "Yeah you are, though there's just something that I need to ask" Louis said, his cheeky tone coupled with the mischievous glint in his eyes causing Selena to eye him in wary "What?"