Chapter 36

"Harry, I'm full"

"Baby, you've had Gracie in your arms even before we sat down. I haven't seen you take even a single bite"

Upon waking up this morning, it appears that Gracie has had a tantrum, crying non-stop until it was her older sister that picked her up. The teenager it seems was indeed her favorite as not even Mandy nor Brian was able to shush the little tot, not that Harry could blame the angel since he also found himself sharing the same predicament. The only downside was he had a rival for the brunette's affection and he knew the little one was his biggest contender. The group was now seated at a plush booth of the Carlyle café having their breakfast and not even once was Selena able to put the baby down as she would always immediately start crying again, not that Selena wanted to anyway, only considering the notion when one of the three would tell her to do so, so she could take a bite to eat.

Selena rolled her eyes "Harry, in case you haven't noticed, you've been spoon feeding me since the food arrived. I should be the one telling you to eat"

"I have been eating love, c'mon just take another bite" Harry said, ignoring Selena's statement and reproachful look as he brought the spoon nearer to her lips, making her scoff.

"Are you trying to make me obese Styles?"

"Don't be ridiculous, you're too thin and one bite isn't going to make you obese" Harry remarked, his turn to give an eye roll.

"Too thin? For your information I have already gained back the weight I lost"

"Still too thin for my liking" Selena gave him an incredulous look, prompting him to give out a resigned sigh as he finally lowered the spoon before continuing "I want more of you to hold onto Mia" he explained pouting. Selena was about to reply when a few chuckles were heard, causing the two of them to turn their heads to the older couple seated with them.

The fuck, I forgot they were here Harry thought, hoping his cheeks weren't as dark as Selena's.

"Seriously, you two bicker like a married old couple" Mandy said teasingly, causing Harry to scratch the back of his neck with an awkward chuckle while Selena widened her eyes at her mom, clearly warning her not to continue further.

"Before you open your mouth young lady, I think you can put Gracie down now, she seems to have fallen asleep" Mandy said as she stood up to help Selena after her and Harry glanced down to the tiny bundle. She was a main point in their conversation, yet they both failed to notice that she was already in a deep blanket of slumber. No wonder Mandy and Brian found their banter amusing, truly resembling an old married couple, bickering but later on waywardly drifting off topic - that or maybe they were perfectly playing the part of a hopeless romantic couple. Idiotically but seriously speaking, Harry was hoping it was the latter.

"So what do you two have planned for the day?" Brian asked

Selena could feel her tensed shoulders slump in the tiniest bit, relieved by her stepdad's diversion. Trust the combination of Harry and her soaring emotions to always put her at an embarrassing situation.

"I'm not really sure, Harry?" Selena asked turning her head to the handsome lad. The five of them had arrived in the big apple three days prior spending it on touring the city. While Selena had been completely ecstatic in their exploration, she was also horrified with Harry having been occupied in buying her pointless things, vanishing for a few minutes only to appear with bags on each hand, only giving her his usual reason 'I took it because I know you'll look good in it babe'. Though she was deeply flattered by the sweet gesture and the knowledge that she occupies his thoughts just as he does her, having him spend his fortune lavishly on her did not seem appealing to her; much more so that the paps were hot on their trail. A few articles popping up with the idea that her happiness on their relationship was very much dependent on the depth of Harry's pockets, having her stomach reeling. Totally unmindful of the articles, Harry still continued with his usual behavior - sweet, thoughtful and protective though with the hard glint in his eyes it was obvious that he wasn't pleased with the media's insinuation, reminding her of their insignificance with his words, hands, lips and tongue.