Chapter 44

AN: Oh My Gosh, I am literally surprised by the reactions when I said this book is about to end. Thank you! You really make me feel loved! :)

Don't worry, I still have about 10-11 chapters left and I just hope they will be enough to do justice to your expectations. :)

(o)

The sunlight softly crept on the partially opened silk curtains, landing on the silhouette of two nude bodies, sound asleep. The serenity on their features and the way their bodies meshed together did nothing to reveal the bedlam that they had to partake in for the last eight hours. One would even assume that their relationship had never received a single ounce of hate. Shortly after, the woman's breathing started to get uneven, the reluctant opening of her eyes following soon, revealing hazy yet nonetheless peaceful and sated caramel orbs.

The first to come to her vision were two black splotches on a patch of cream, causing a tiny frown of confusion to crease her foreheads. Blinking a few times to steady her sight, a smile was quick to replace the frown as she made out the swallows on Harry's proud collarbones, causing her to do a once over of the position they now lay in that looked like not even a single ant could pass between them. They were laid on their sides, facing each other, Harry's arms around her in a hug, while his left leg was draped over her pins. Her arms were around him also, her right one, which went around the side he was lying on probably the reason of her waking up since it was apparently suffering under his weight, like tiny needles were pricking her. But even so Selena did not feel uncomfortable; in fact she never did, no matter how they were joined. This was actually confusing for her at first because the lass always preferred space when snoozing, even when she was still with Luke. But there was just something with Harry that always made sleeping much more peaceful when there wasn't any single gap between them. Maybe it was his embrace, always so protective yet gentle, making her feel secure and all the more loved.

She tilted her head a bit that was settled on the crook of his neck to glance at his face, her breath getting stuck in her throat.

Even in the deepest of slumbers and completely unaware, he still looks so handsome.

His eyes were still closed, his plump, pink lips partly open and a light snore coming from his mouth. Much to Selena's satisfaction, his expression was different from the previous night when she caught him asleep; he looked like a sleeping cherub.

Last night.

Heat immediately colored her cheeks as she remembered the roller coaster of events that had transpired not too long ago. Today might have proved to be one of the worst days of her life and if yesterday evening she thought it unlucky of her to be caught by Harry just as she was leaving; today she found it the exact opposite, thanking God and his angels for her boyfriend's timely arrival and his perseverance to woo her. He loved her, that was something that she had already known but last night, something had shifted between the two of them. She could feel it in her soul, the way he penetrated her was so gentle and slow yet so powerful and deep; like each of his thrusts was the stamp to his loving words.

She could still feel him inside her and the image of him touching himself in front of her had her clamping her thighs and stifling a moan. If that was how birthday sex was supposed to be then she wouldn't mind aging every so often.

Selena's eyes suddenly widened, her amorous feelings abruptly ceasing. His birthday was yesterday and she still hasn't given him her gift yet! But of course, after the harpy incident by the name of Kendall, Selena wondered if there was any girlfriend who would still manage to remember to hand her boyfriend his birthday gift.