Chapter 41

AN: Please remember that I love you all :D

Harry was pretty sure his grin couldn't get any wider as he sat by the plush booth surrounded by his friends and girlfriend who were in the middle of singing him a happy birthday. A birthday cake that was carried by a couple of waiters, had him astounded, much more so when he learned that it was Selena who baked it. After the awards had come to an end, the group was insistent on spending his birthday at the after party, not one of them caring to change their attire.

"Make a wish Harry!" Rita cheered. She along with Ed, Cara, Nick, 5SoS and a few more joining them the moment Harry's cake was delivered. His friends, along with Selena had been keen to wake him early this morning to sing him a birthday song and give him a candlelit cupcake. Apparently, the celebration did not stop there and a surprise had been planned right under his nose.

"I've already got my wish right here, Rita" Harry was quick to reply, while his arm wrapped around Selena before leaning down to give her a kiss on her forehead, their friends giving out a series of 'Ooohs' with adoring smiles on their faces. "Then why don't you just give him a birthday kiss then, Selena?" Nick asked. Much to Selena's horror, after being introduced to the radio host, she immediately had the assumption that he shared the same devious personality with the Doncaster lad and after hearing his request right now, she knew she couldn't have been more correct.

"Uhm" Selena mumbled, blushing profusely at the crowd that began to chant "Birthday kiss! Birthday kiss! Birthday kiss!"

"O-kay" she agreed before she had a chance to think it through, the words surprisingly heard by them all amidst their ruckus and started cheering and clapping. "Here, I'll take that" Zoey said as she grabbed the camera from Selena. Scratching the back of her neck, she turned to Harry, wondering what she agreed into. But as she met his eyes for the first time since the teasing started and saw the smug and proud glint coupled with his warm and loving gaze that sent shivers down her spine, made her want nothing more than to capture his delicious lips - so she did just exactly that.

She could hear the faint catcalls and jeers as her hands settled on his nape, but she paid them no heed as she got lost in the feel of his mouth, moving against hers. Harry's large hand settled on the small of her back while the other was on her neck, his thumb sweetly stroking her jaw line. Selena felt herself melt when Harry's tongue slowly traced her bottom lip asking for entrance and was just about to grant it.

"Oi, save it for the bedroom!" Louis hollered, their friends chuckling while they slowly pulled away both red-faced, but wrapped in bliss nonetheless. Their kiss it seems had started to become heated, unbeknownst to the two of them, or maybe they just forgot where they were.

"I love you birthday boy"

"I love you too baby" Harry mumbled against her lips, caressing her cheek softly with the back of his fingers before pecking her lips once more and loosening his hold on her to bend down and blow out his candles. Cheers erupted once more, wishing the lad pleasantries. "Alright, presents time!" Zayn bellowed, as they pulled out wrapped items of various shapes and sizes.

"How did - ?" Harry began after standing upright, but unable to finish his question as he shook his head in amusement on how his friends were able to hide their gifts from him.

"Happy Birthday Harry" Zoey greeted, giving him a kiss on his cheek as she handed him her present

"Thanks, love" Harry replied.

"Open it"

Just as Harry was poised to open the parcel, Zoey suddenly continued in a tone much more slyly than before "That's from me and Niall, but before I forget, you're going to need Selena's help with that gift" Harry and Selena exchanged confused glances, though the lad's was tinged with amusement while the lass, having been familiar with her best friend's tendency to be impish was more of wary.