Chapter // Forty

I wake up on the couch. It was so silent and I don't remember what I did yesterday. I look around to find an ash tray with two cigarettes. As I get up I feel light headed. Did I smoke? I don't smoke. Did I do more than just smoke a cigarette? I look at myself. I'm wearing a flannel shirt unbuttoned with no bra on and spandex. I walk to my room and put on yoga pants and an old ACDC shirt. I put my hair up and put my shoes on and grabbed my keys.

"Hey Alex."

I look up to see Michael in his boxers.

"Damn Michael put on some pants."

"I just woke up. Let me fully be awake before I do anything."

"Yes because putting on pants while half asleep is against the law."

"Hey I can go pant less if you can go bra less."

He saw me braless?

"You probably don't remember. Don't worry I didn't do anything. We just smoked and played video games."

"Where are the boys?"

"Recording.....I drank last night....little to much so I came back here. I told the boys I meet them around noon and its 11 so I'll see you later Alex."

"See ya Michael." I say opening the door.

I get into my truck and turn the radio on. I just sit there for a bit before driving to the coffee shop.

I get my usual and sit down and text Luke

"Hey babe. I miss you. I hope we get to hang out just me and you soon."

Moments later I get a respond.

"Me too. I miss you so much. I finally get you forever and I'm gone half the time. Well back to recording. I'll call you later. I love you Alex."

"I love you too luke."

I sit drinking my coffee in silence.

"Hey.....Alex."

"Hunter I really dont..."

"Alex I'm sorry. Please stop ignoring me. I'm trying to be friends. All you do is give me shit. Yes I gave you shit and I did a lot that ruined your relationship and I'm so sorry. I hate the tension between us."

I look at him and smile.

"Ok....fine...but no more shit. You're with Zoe and she really likes you."

"And I like her. I'm not breaking her heart."

"You better not."

I get up and throw my coffee away and I start my run.

2 hours later I'm back at my truck.

There's a note.

Oak tree at three. Hope you had a good run (: xx

I drive to my house. It's been awhile since I've seen my mom. I don't know how she is going to react.

I open the door. "Mom?"

It's so quiet. Her car is here. "Mom?"

I go upstairs heading to my bed room and I see red spots leading from my mom's room to the bathroom.

"Mom?"

I open the door and scream.

"Sweatheart."

"Mom what are you doing. It's like a murder scene in here."

"Red dye. Trying something knew. I'm so glad you came over. I'm going to rinse then dry. Tell me what you think." She says with a great big smile.

"Well I'm taking a shower so just hold on."

-------------

I finish drying my hair. I look at my hair and think about dying it. Maybe I will try it with my mom. Get rid if this brown and go......purple maybe. I laugh at myself. Like I would look good in purple.

I look through my closet to find a shirt. I see my misfit t shirt and put it on. I get a pair of black jeans and put them on.

"Do you only wear black Alex?"

"No...buts it's just a pinic mom. I'm not wearing a floral dress."

"Wait you have one?"

"No but if I did I wouldnt be wearing it and digging the red mom."

"Thanks sweetheart. Have you thought about dying yours?"

"Actually yea. Like purple."

"You would look so nice."

I look at my mom and smile. She smiles back. I walk up to her and hug her. Almost crying.

"Are you OK Alex?"

"Yea....we just haven't bonded in awhile because of the Luke situation and I miss you."

"I miss you too. I was a jerk."

"I love you mum."

"I love you....now you have Luke. He's lucky to have you."

It feels like everything is falling into place now.

Hey guys it's Lex (: This fanfic is almost to an end. Only a few more chapters and breathing in will be complete. I hope you guys have injoyed it. Also we got a new gang together. You will still have me, gingy, jill, and Katie but you will also have a few new people. We will be writing a new fanfic. If you liked this one I hope you will like our new one (: