Chapter // Thirty Three

What am I doing with my life? I think as I lay on my bed. Feeling the cold slowly seep into my room.

My mom appears at the door. "Alex, I'm going to work okay? Remember you're grounded. Do you need anything?" she asks.

I shake my head. "No." I mutter. I turn my back to her.

"I love you." she says.

"Yeah." I mutter. I hear her feet go down the stairs, the keys jiggling, the door open and close, and I hear her locking the door.

I've been grounded for a week with no contact whatsoever outside of my home, I'm only allowed to leave if my mom comes with me, I can't have TV, phone, or Internet, and I'm definitely not supposed to see Luke.

How is he anyway? I think.

After my mom had a total fit about seeing me with Luke at the hospital she lost it. But Luke was totally calm about it. I still remember how the whole thing went.

Mom: WHAT THE HELL ALEX?!

Me: *silent*

Luke: Um excuse me but-

Mom: BUT NOTHING, ALEX GET OUT WERE GOING HOME! AND LUKE, STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER I DONT WANT YOU TO BE WITH HER

Luke: Aw really? Cause we're kinda in love.

Mom pulls me out.

Me: What? I breathe out.

Luke: *smiles*

My mom dragged me out and now here I am, grounded.

Izzy comes into the room. I swear, she's the only thing in this entire house that's keeping me sane. She jumps on the bed and comes at my side.

"Aw hey girl." I say and start petting her. She whimpers a little and places her head on my left breast, my heart.

"Yeah, I'm still sad. Very sad actually. Maybe depressed? I dunno, but I'll be okay." I say. I think about what I just said.

Am I depressed? I haven't eaten right, all I do is lay in bed, read the same book over and over again, drink green tea 24/7, and cry myself to sleep every night.

No I'm not depressed. At least I hope I'm not.

I look at the clock, which reads 1:04 PM. My mom wont come back until 3 AM.

Alone. In a house. And Sad.

Yay me. I get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I walk in and see a blade on the counter. I walk to it slowly. I pick it up carefully and examine it. It shines with the bathroom lights. I hold it up to my eye for a better look. It seems so thin and delicate, like a ballerina. I take it close to my wrist and stop, only about 1/4 of a centimeter away from my skin.

This is not what I need right now. I throw the blade I the toilet and flush. I don't need to be seeing stuff like that anytime right now.

I walk back into my room and lay down. I fall asleep to the sound of my clock ticking, and Izzy by my side.

What am I doing with my life?

------------------------

"Ugh." I groan as I wake up to the sound of something hitting my window.

Izzy is on her paws and ready to attack. She's staring at the window as if she had laser vision.

"It's okay girl." I say and calm her down. I walk over the cold floor and to the window. I take a glance at my clock. 7:53 PM.

I wipe the window a little and see a tall figure standing in the snow, throwing little pebbles at my window. I hurry and open the window, a blast of cool air hitting me in the face.

"Luke?" I ask, unsure if it was him or not.

He notices me and drops the pebbles in his hands.

"Alex! Oh my god, thank god you're okay. I'm sorry but I just had to see you again, and I couldn't wait until you were ungrounded." He rambles out. I let out a slight laugh, a small one but it's still the most I've ever laughed in this horrible punishment.

"What are you doing here?" I ask softly, enough for only him to hear.

He smiles, "I'm here to take you on a small date."

I laugh. "I'm sorry but I'm grounded."

He laughs. "Me and you both know that that won't stop you." I think about it.

He's right. I bite my lip.

A little rebellion never hurt anyone.

"Ugh fine Hemmings. But I'll have to jump out the window." I say.

"That's okay, I'll catch you." He says proudly. I chuckle and close the window. I open my closet and pull out some warm clothes. I put on some black leggings, an oversized sweater, a coat over it, a beanie, and a pair of boots.

"Izzy, I'll be out okay? Protect the house and I'll get you a treat on the way home." I say and grab my bag. She barks and jumps off the bed and starts pushing at my feet in the direction to the window.

"I know girl, I know." I say softly and pet her one last time. I open the window and see Luke.

"Luke! Catch me!" I scream softly and jump. He runs and catches me bridal style.

"That was like a crazy trust fall, oh my gosh." I say a peck him in the cheek. My mood goes from Depressed to Okay so fast when Luke is around.

He laughs. He takes his hand and grabs mine, our fingers interlocking. He takes me to his car and opens the door for me.

"Thanks." I say and give a small smile. I feel the heat blast my cheeks immediately. Luke gets into the drivers seat and turns the heat down a little.

"So where are we going?" I ask and rub my hands together.

He starts driving away from the driveway.

"It's a surprise." He says and smiles real big. I chuckle.

"I don't know why but this relationship would be better without surprises." I say and laugh a little. He sticks his tongue out at me like a little kid.

"You're not fun." He says jokingly and pouts his lips.

"And you're no hot." I say and stick my tongue out at him and cross my arms. He plasters fake hurt all over his face. He drives for a solid 5 minutes before we reach the Coffee Shop.

I laugh a little to myself. "What?" Luke says as a smile spreads across his face.

"Nothing it's just, it seems like me and you and this coffee shop always end up together in the end." I say.

He looks at me for a while and nods. "Well this is where it all began." I nod my head and we get out of the car. We quickly make our way inside and sit down.

A waitress comes over and asks for our orders. We order the same thing from last time and 5 minutes later we are sipping slowly from them.

"So what do we do?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Just talk really, let's just talk." He says and I nod my head. We start talking. Talking and talking and talking until we almost run out of breathe. We talk and fix all the broken pieces from what has happened in the last month. He's sorry, I'm sorry, I'm tired, he's tired. We each pour out our feelings about the last months until there's nothing left to say. Luke leans over the table and kisses me, hard but slowly. He does this for 6 seconds until he pulls away and stares at my eyes for a while.

"Everything will be okay." he whispers.

-------------------------

HEY GUYS ITS XOCHITL AGAIN IVE BEEN DEAD FOR A LONG TIMEOMG BUT IM BACK AND READY TO UPDATE ON FRIDAYS ✌️ I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER AND PLEASE COMMENT ABOUT THIS CHAPTER AND HEY YOU COULD EVEN LEAVE SUGGESTIONS. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, SO PLEASE VITE, COMMENT, AND KEEP READING ILY ALL 💕