Chapter // Fourteen

"Have you remembered anything more yet? ..Maybe anything about me?" Luke says hopefully. I lightly shake my head. "That's okay.. I was thinking tonight you could come hang ou- meet the guys? We all used to hangout a lot.. They've been asking me if they could see you, but I wanted to make sure everything was cool between us first. "The guys?" I say questionably. "The guys I've been on tour with for the past few months. I'm kinda hoping that seeing them will make you remember a little bit more.." Now I realize that he was talking about the guys that Zoe would absolutely freak out over.

I nod my head slowly, thinking over slowly thing slightly second guessing the idea. But that changes immediately when I see his smile brighten, turning on his heel motioning me to follow him. We walked for about five minutes before he broke the silence,

"So.. Hows your mom and um Hunter?" The awkwardness is so thick in the air, nearly suffocating me. I hesitate before answering, not exactly knowing how he feels about Hunter.

"Uh well my mum is well, and Hunter is doing good. He just got promoted at his new job, so he's been picking up hours."

"Oh, thats good. Whats his new job?" A curious look spreads across his face, causing a small smile come onto mine.

"He's a uh mechanician, he works at Midas, yea um he really likes it." I say, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Thats good, well uh here we are!" I look over and see an apartment complex, completely brick and a small sign hanging above the door, "The Grande Apartment Complex"

Luke is quick to run up to the steps, but when he sees how cautious I am, he turns towards me and walks back with a small smile on his face. I look up at his with my hands shoved in my pockets so I keep warm. Luke slowly reaches for one of my hands, and pulls it out of my pocket to hold in his. My freezing hands automatically warm up and I suddenly feel more comfortable. I take a deep breathe with my eyes closed. When I open them back up I start walking to the steps with Luke along my side.

"They might come on a little bit too strong, but only because they think you're used to it." Luke chuckles as we walk into the main room of the apartment complex.

He opens the door and tells the boys he's back. All of a sudden three boys run out of no where, which freaked me out a little. They all stare at me blank faced. I start to back up when they all ran over to me and gave me hugs. I start to panic. I might have known these guys but I don't anymore.

"Guys. She doesn't remember you. Please take it easy." Luke says to help me out from the hugs.

"We're sorry, Alex. Didn't mean to scare you."

"Um it's ok. I'm sorry I don't remember you.."

I look around the room. Nobody seems familiar, but I kinda remember this place. I can faintly remember the couch that's sitting in the living room. There's a guitar leaned against in at the end, which brings a few memories back. I slowly walk towards the couch while the boys back away. When I reach it I reach my hand down and touch the fabric with my fingertips. I close my eyes as I sit down to try to concentrate on the memory that's slowly coming back to me.

"Sit here, Alex!" Luke says with a cheerful voice. He was so excited to show me his new apartment he planned the whole night out. I sit down on the couch with a laugh as I scan the room. Ashton's sitting next to his drum set with his girlfriend sitting on his lap.

I open my eyes and see all of the boys staring at me. I look over at the same boy that was in my memory with a smile on my face. "Ashton?" I say confused. All of the guys, besides Ashton, turn their attention towards him, while he keeps staring at me with his eyes widened. He nods his head frantically after a few seconds and comes rushing towards me. He sits down on the couch next to me and starts to shake. "What else do you remember?" He asks quietly. I look over at Luke, and see him with his hands covering his mouth. He looks like he's about to cry. I look forward and try to remember more.