Chapter // Eight

Luke's POV

When I get off of the plane that landed back in my hometown I can feel the brisk November air hit me in the face like a bus. I'm not used to this. Michael and Calum are going back to the apartment to get settled back in, Ashton is going straight to his girlfriend, Katie's, house. Me? Straight to the hospital. I've spent all four months trying to get away from the band and flying down here by myself, but each and every time I tried to make my escape Calum stopped me. I didn't care about all the shows. How could I care about anything while Alex was lying in a hospital bed, unconscious. I played horrible throughout every song, I couldn't get into any of it.

My phone was flooding with tweets from all of my fans, but I ignored all of them. All of the other guys were taking fan pictures during the tour, while I was either sitting in the back of the tour bus on my bunk crying to a picture of Alex I brought with me, or waiting like an idiot for news about Alex. Waiting for a text saying Alex is awake and she misses me just as much as I miss her. Parts of me knew that message was never coming, even if she did wake up, nobody would call me. Every day I would call my mom and ask her to check in on Alex for me, but Alex's damned mom wouldn't tell mine anything. All I know is that the last time I checked is that Alex is still in a coma. That was three days ago. My mom stopped picking up my calls when she yelled at me for only calling about Alex, and not wanting to talk to her about anything else.

Alex could still be unconscious, or even worse. I've tried so hard to block that thought from my mind, but it's been impossible. I couldn't bare thinking about it, but every time I did in the middle of a show, I'd give Calum a certain look, and he'd sing my parts for me while I'd run off the stage and call my mother asking her to go to the hospital and make sure Alex is doing alright. I walk to my car that my mom dropped off at the airport for me and open the drivers door. I throw all of my stuff in the back seat as fast as I can and immediately put the car in drive. I go almost 20 miles over the speed limit to get to the hospital as fast as possible. My heart starts to pound and my hands get clammy against the wheel. I speed through the streets as I start to approach the building. The same building that I rushed in the ambulance with Alex covered in blood to four months ago when I made the worst mistake of my life. I've missed her so much, and tonight I get to see her. Not just another picture that she took of herself on my phone, but the real Alex, the Alex I fell so God damned hard for.

I pull my car up I the front doors and jump out, leaving the door wide open as I pull the keys out of the ignition. I sprint through the front and dart straight towards the desk. Before I reach it, I yell out to the woman sitting behind the desk writing something down with a red ink pen. "ALEX HAMILTON. WHAT ROOM NUMBER IS SHE IN?" I yell out, drawing everyone in the waiting rooms attention towards me. The woman immediately drops the pen and turn towards the computer that's sitting to the left of her. She can tell how important this is to me, so she goes as fast as possible to search for the room number. I can't help but tap my feet on the ground as I wait, even though I know the woman can't help how fast this goes. I know I'm being an ass, but it's come so naturally for the past four months it's become automatic.

The lady looks up at me with her eyebrows squished together and a confused look on her face. She moves away from the computer as she moves the paper back to the middle of the desk. "Alexandra Hamilton is in the second building for recovery right now. Would you like me to call and see if she's accepting visitors right now?" I try to speak and answer, but nothing comes out.

Instead, the only thing I can physically able to do is frantically nod my head. Alex is in recovery. That means she woke up. If only I known that before I was such a dick to the guys before I had gotten off the plane. I didn't plan on going back to the apartment last night, because I was expecting Alex to still be unconscious, and for me to be sleeping by the side of her bed, like how I should have been for the last four months.