Chapter / / Two

*2 weeks & 12 coffee cups later*

I wake up to Izzy licking my face. I look at my clock to see its 8:30 am. Usually I sleep in on Sundays but I decide to go get coffee instead. I put my hair up in a messy bun like I always do in the morning and I grab my favorite misfits shirt and a pair of blue jeans. I walk downstairs as quietly as I can trying not to wake my mom. I put on my black vans and I grab a hoodie and my keys.

I lock the door and I get in my truck and I start to head towards the shop. I blast my music in my trash of a truck until I get there. 8:50 am my truck clock reads. I get out and start walking towards the front door. I open the door to see Luke standing at the counter.

"Hi, Alex." He says with a smile on his face. "Same order?"

"Um..why not. Thanks, Luke." He's been getting it down perfectly. It has been two weeks since I first met him.

I give him the money and he gives me my change.

"Here ya go, Alex. Have a wonderful day." He smiles again and I smile back. his smile was adorable. He had a lip piercing and his eyes were the brightest blue.

"Thank you, Luke" I say smiling "You have a wonderful day, too."

As I walk out the door I look at my cup. I see my name then I see the message.

"It's only my second week of knowing you, but I wanna find out who you are. Meet me at the park by the big oak tree at 8?"

I smile at the message. I loved that big oak tree. When my dad was living with us still he would always take me there for a picnic. I stop thinking about him before I start crying.

I walk through the door straight to the kitchen to wash the cup. My mom was still sleeping, which was a relief. I walk to my room and I put the cup next to the others. I've had a message on each cup for the past two weeks. I've only known him for two weeks, which isn't that long but it feels like forever.

I crawl back into bed hoping to fall asleep and get a few more hours shut eye.

...

I wake up to see its 5:00 pm. Slept longer than I thought I would. I get up, brush my hair then I get undress to get a shower. I grab my towel then I turn the shower on and jump in.

I'm really excited to spend time with him. Even though I only known him for two weeks it feels like we are the only people in the world. Like he's my true love. I know it sounds stupid but what if he is?

I get out and dry myself off. I put on one of my really big shirts to dry my hair. it takes me about 30 minutes till my hair is completely dry. I then grab my makeup bag and start putting on foundation. I don't usually wear makeup and when I do its just to add color and cover up blemishes. I put a little red blush to add color then I put a little eye shadow on to bring my eyes out.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying hard to get him. I decide to go causal. I grab my favorite pair of black jeans. I've had them for a while and they are pretty ripped. Then I pull out a random band shirt which happens to be my dad's old Green Day shirt. I put on with a jacket over it. I look in mirror. I actually feel pretty which is a good thing.

I walk downstairs to see my mom watching t.v.

"Where are you going at 7:30?"

"Out to the park by the oak tree. It's been awhile since I've been there." I lie.

"Well be home by at least 11 sweetheart. Text me if you're going to be later than that. I love you."

"I love you too." I say as I walk out the door.

The park is about a 15 minute drive so it won't take me long to get there. Just like this morning I blast my music in my truck.

I arrive at the park a quarter till 8. I walk to the oak tree and sit down in the spot I have always sat in. I feel a tear coming on but I hold it back when I see Luke.

"You actually came." He says in a surprised tone.

"Haha, of course." I say smiling and letting out a chuckle

"Well I'm glad you did. I wanted to get to know you better."

"Well have a seat and I'll tell you what you wanna know."

....

We talk for a long time. Learning new things about each other. I found out his full name, and where he's from. I learned he had two brothers, and how he plays guitar. I found out he had a band. He showed me a video of them playing and I have to say they are good.

I told him about me too. How my dad used to teach me guitar but it's been like 5 years and I remember nothing. Luke was always looking at me so I knew he actually cared. We shared some laughs and some moments of silence which made us laugh. I felt comfortable around him.

I look at my phone and the time reads 10:45pm.

"Luke, I had a really fun time. My mom said she wants me how by 11 so I should leave now. Maybe before school tomorrow I'll stop by and grab a coffee."

"I'd like if you did. I'll have it ready. Hey here's my phone number. I'll text ya. Maybe we could do this again?"

"Maybe. Just maybe Luke Hemmings. Just don't get your hopes up." I say getting up and brushing off my pants.

"Well hopefully that maybe turns into a yes." He smiles.

"Maybe." I say giving a little chuckle. I hear him chuckling too.

"Can I get a hug or?"

"Sure. Why not"

I give him a hug then I walk to my truck. I turn my keys and it starts. I really hope this works out.

---------

(a/n: I'm sorry if this was long or not long enough for you. I'm Alexa but call me lex or lexie. I'll will be updating on Tuesdays. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. If you really like it tell your friends. Also vote and follow us. Also comment things we can improve or what you like about it. We would love feedback.)