Chapter // Three

*present day*

I wake up in the morning to hear my phone vibrating from my alarm. The alarm that makes me smile today. I set it earlier today since it's Luke and I's year anniversary. I roll out if bed as random memories that Luke and I have had throughout this year. He asked me out about three months after we met, but every single day seems like it was yesterday. The memories are so vivid, and it makes me smile. I can just close my eyes and picture me reliving the days over again. Especially the day he asked me out, and we became officially together. I just can't believe it happened a year ago. A year ago when I walked into the coffee shop to see Luke walking around the counter with his guitar in his hands, and his best friends behind him. When they started singing At the Library by Green Day tears automatically started to rush down my face. I remember the coffee shop being completely transformed into this adorable little stage, and everyone who was there eating staring at me with smiles on their faces. There was one customer that had to be around eighty years old that started to cry almost as much as me.

When he sang the words, "Why did you have to leave so soon?" My heart sank and every single moment that I've walked out if the coffee shop without saying more to Luke than what I wanted to all came flashing in my head. I ran up to Luke once the song was over and gave him the biggest hug that I've ever given anyone before. It felt like I've had a million tons lifted off my shoulders. After the song and everything he handed me my usual drink, and when I turned it over I saw my name written on it, and next to it said, "I feel something brewing between us." Once I read it my tears stopped falling as I bursted into laughter. After he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I said yes, the customers that filled the shop all started clapping as he pulled me into another hug, a tighter, more loving hug. That's the first time I've felt like I was whole in the longest time. I've always just had the feeling that I've been missing something in my life, and that's the moment that I realized that the thing that I needed most in my life was Luke Hemmings. Ever since that day I've been the happiest girl in the world, and I honestly don't think I'm exaggerating at all.

Luke has work today, but he got off work a little early so we could hangout. I don't know what he has planned for today, but I'm sure whatever happens I'll be fine with. We could be laying in the desert near our death, and I'd still just be happy that I was laying there next to him. When I roll out of my bed I pull myself together and get ready to start my morning routine of getting my usual drink. I don't think my mom is up this early on a Saturday, so I don't expect her to be down in the kitchen reading the newspaper like always. But I do expect Izzy to be down there wagging her tail, waiting for me to take her outside. That's become a usual thing ever since we changed her bathroom and sleep schedule to fit around ours. It's become another usual thing to where I hook on the leash type thing to Izzys collar that hooks up to the tree in the morning so she could play while I'm working or out. I pull up my favorite ripped, black skinny jeans, and my white laced shirt. Before I tie up my black combat boots I wrap my leather jacket around my body in a rush.

I jog down my stairs as quietly as possible to make sure I don't wake up my mother. She stayed up all night working on a scrap book for my cousins birthday party, so I want her to sleep in. Just as I thought, Izzy is waiting right next to the front door with her leash already in her mouth ready to go. A chuckle escapes from my mouth as I reach for the leash and hold it in my hands as I open the door. My keychain is hanging from my finger as I walk out the door with Izzy walking right next to me. She's into the routine as much as me, so every morning she knows that I'm going to hook the leash up to the tree right away. My mom now knows that right when she wakes up that she needs to bring her food out, even though she was probably eating all night while me and my mom were sleeping. Once Izzys fine with being left alone I hop into my truck and start my daily drive to the Coffee House. The ride there seems a lot longer than it usually does, but it's only because of how excited I am. It really only feels like yesterday when I was making the drive to the shop without knowing I was going to meet the most important person in my life, besides my mom. I remember that entire morning, and how I saved the cup. I started saving more of the cups, but once my mom found out about them she made me throw away the ones that didn't mean as much to me as the other ones. I still kept a lot, but considering the number of days that I went there for the amount of time that it's been going on, there was a whole lot of cups. There had to have been over 400 cups that Luke had given me, with none of them that said the same thing. Right now I probably have about 110. They're all stacked, and sitting on one of my shelves.