Chapter // Thirty Nine

I wake up in Luke's bed alone. Everything that Zoe said pops up in my mind. I walk up to the mirror again. I pull up my shirt to see my fat. That's all I am. I am fat. Then I remember I slept with Luke. In shorts and a shirt. I am a slut. Why haven't I seen this. I'm so fat and a slut. I have to change things. I can't be known like this.

I put some yoga pants on and a hoodie. I decide to go for a jog. Anything to get this weight off. While I'm listening to music I get a text. From her.

"Hey Alex. I'm glad we talked yesterday. I hope you were ok. I could tell something was bothering you."

Oh nothing at all its just you laughed at my dad dying and called me a slut and fat. Other than that just fine.

"Oh no I'm just fine."

"That's good. I didn't want it have been something I said."

Actually it was.

"Oh no it wasnt. I'm sorry it looked like I was not ok."

"Oh it's OK Alex. Hopefully we can meet up again."

"Maybe later. Right now I'm out for a jog."

"Haha me too. Meet me at the Coffee house."

"Sure."

I take the long way(home) to the coffee house. Passing through the park. I decide to sit on the park bench and really take in the scenery. I see the oak tree. Many memories that I remember and I am slowly remembering. I wish I could remember all. A soccer ball rolls to the bottom of my feet. I pick it up. I haven't played soccer in forever. I used to be good. A young man comes up to me.

"You've got my ball."

"Oh here."

"You any good?"

"I used to be. I haven't played in a while."

"Wanna play with me and my friends?"

I really shouldn't but I decide why not.

"Sure why not."

"That's great. I'm Zach by the way."

"Alex."

I run over with Zach to his friends.

"Hey guys this is Alex. She's going to be playing with us."

"Cody"

"Will"

"Hey" I say to them.

"You're too pretty to play rough." Will said.

"Bring it."

"Ah. I like you."

I'm on Zach's team. I run to my position. Zach looks at me and smiles. I smile back. Just to single I was ready.

We get the ball and Zach passes it to me. I run down field passing Cody. Now I have him on my trail. I turn and pass it to Zach. He kicks and scores.

"I think you still got it."

"Maybe I do."

"Here's my number. Even if you are taken text me. You seem cool."

"I'll think about it."

I run to the coffee house. Zoe isn't here yet. I walk up to the counter and the man turns around. Hunter.

"Alex."

"Hunter."

"How you've been?"

"Hunter I'm not small talking with you. Just my usual ok?"