Chapter // Twenty Eight

Luke's POV

My heart starts racing. I step back from the door and try to think rationally. I'm trying to block the voices from my head, but they scream through.

Run. Run back to your car, and get the hell out of here. You don't deserve her.

I don't. I'm right.

Or, you could be a man, and go and take what's yours.

Before I realize what I'm doing I slam the door open and barge in with my snow drenched clothes. I leave the door wide open as I start pacing towards Hunter and Alex. Not again. I'm not letting this happen again. Alex is yelling at me that it's not what it looks like, but I'm not acknowledging her. Even if it isn't what it looks like I need to make sure, right now, that Hunter is out of Alex's life.

"Alex, go in the other room." I say in the most stern voice I can pull together. I don't make eye contact with her, because I'm trying to keep my eyes on Hunter. "No! I'm go-" Alex starts. "Go." I interrupt in a louder voice.

I break my stare with Hunter, and look over at Alex. I way praying that I wouldn't get the same look that she gave me when she was in the hospital, when she was scared of me. I look down at her as a tear falls from my eye, and runs down my cheek.

Alex's POV

Hunter is looking at Luke with a smug stare, and it's making me angry. Once Luke looks down at me I can see how disappointed he looks. Not entirely disappointed in me, but himself. Regretful. I slowly nod my head as I push myself off the couch.

"You don't have to listen to him. He's not your father." Hunter says. "I don't have to listen to you either." I say quietly, but loud enough for both of them to hear me as I walk into the room Luke and I slept in. I can hear Luke yelling at Hunter from the other room. Hunter isn't saying anything back.

Luke's POV

My fist connects with Hunters jaw as I punch with all my force. Once he falls back onto the couch I immediately look at the closed door that Alex is in. I didn't mean to do that, but the smart ass smirk Hunter kept giving me just got under my skin. I kept getting louder, and getting more in his face, but his reaction stayed the same.

The door stays shut and all I can imagine is Alex sitting on the bed with her knees to her chest by herself scared. I look back down at Hunter and see him laughing while he rubs his jaw. "Is this the next thing you're doing to fuck things up with Alex? Was the accident not enough for you? She'll resent you for this, and you know it."

I ball my fist up again, but loosen the grip once his words sink in. This isn't going to fuck anything up. It needs to happen, and Alex will understand once she knows everything. I let my hand down as the door opens. I turn around and see Alex leaning against the doorway. "Alex.. I-" I start, but she holds her hands out and signals me to shut up. I step forward away from Hunter and try to ignore the fact that he's even here.

"Hunter.. Get out." Alex says, breaking the silence. My heart drops into my stomach as Hunter chokes on his own breath. I almost burst into laughter as he scrambles to find his words, but I keep it in and stay as serious as possible. "W-what?" He stutters. Alex points to the door, and waves her head towards it. I look back at his and give him the same smug smirk he was giving me when I was yelling at him.

"Just go. Please." Alex says in a low voice. She sounds drained, and looks like she had just woken up. Hunter pushes himself off the couch, and looks back at Alex as he makes his way to the door that I had left open. He closes the door behind him and leaves me and Alex alone. Alex walks back into the room without a word. I follow behind her about a minute later and see her sitting on the bed, putting on some black snow boots. Once they're both on she reaches for her coat, and stands back up.

"You ready?" She asks. I scrunch my eyebrows together and look back at her confused. "Go where?" I say, letting her know just how confused I am. "Anywhere, but here." She says with a slight laugh, but I can tell how serious she is. I nod my head and leave the small cottage that made a lot of memories in the short time that I've been here. If it wasn't for this damned morning I would have loved to come back here, but we can make new memories in other places.

-Christmas Morning-

Luke's POV

I sit in my mums car outside of Alex's house waiting for her to walk out. It's 6 in the morning, and Alex had promised me that she would get coffee with me before she did anything that her mom had planned, and this is the only time that we could fit plans in that we sure to happen. I was glad to wake up this early to be with her.

I door opens, and I see Alex walk out slowly with the big dorky Christmas sweater I threw at her when I was in her closet, hiding from her mum, and black leggings. Seeing her like makes me automatically smile like an idiot, but over the time that I've been given with her I've gotten used to it. She jogs over to the passenger side, and sits down next to me. She's already shivering, but has a smile on her face too.

"Where to, Captain Hemmings?" She says in a joking voice. I know exactly where to go, but I want to make it a surprise. "You'll see." I say and give her a wink as I pull out of her road. Alex puts in the 5 Seconds of Summer CD and plays the first song, She Looks So Perfect. She examines the cover and starts laughing.

"I still can't believe you have you and the guys have your own CD.. That's crazy!" She says, still amused. I let out a laugh, and try to stay focused on the icy roads. "You still haven't seen my whole other life. We're done with our first tour, but the guys are thinking about doing another one here pretty soon. Maybe you could come on this one..?" I almost regret my last sentence, because I don't want to freak her out, but I feel relief when Alexs' smile widens as she nods her head frantically.

..

When I pull into the Coffee Houses parking lot I try to read Alex's face, but I can't. She's staring at the front door confused. I smile at her while she looks like she's focusing way too hard on it. "You alright?" I say. "Hold on.. I think I'm remembering something.."

...

(A/N: hihi! It's Katie aaaand I made this chapter kinda long because soME OF MY LAME FRIENDS THOUGHT THAT THE CHAPTERS WERE GETTING KINDA SHORT, so I hope you guys like it :-) comment and vote & follow @fallinforluke on Instagram 💖)