Chapter // Twenty Seven

I hear the slushy sound of the snow under my feet. I try to stop thinking about how Alex is feeling right now. I just left her there talking. She probably hates me and she should. I don't deserve her. I walk through the building doors and run up the stairs to our apartment door. I grab my key to open it but it suddenly flies open.

"Oh hey Luke. Are you ok?" Calum asks.

"No. I'm. Perfectly. Fine." I say between shivers.

"No you aren't. Don't lie."

"I'm just a little cold."

"What we're you doing in the cold at this hour?"

"Running away from Alex.."

"What?!" He says in confusion

"I don't deserve her."

"Says the boy who cried any second he could on tour. You were miserable and now that you have her you are letting her go?"

"These nightmares I keep having. She keeps yelling at me saying it's my fault."

"Lay down and talk to her tomorrow morning. First thing, Luke. I know you are hurting."

~Alex POV~

I sit on the couch. I haven't moved since he ran out the door. Is it something I said? Something I did? He just ran out on me. I try holding back tears but I can't. They start flowing from my eyes. I crawl into a ball on the couch. I just want to die. Luke doesn't love me anymore. I have no one.

There is a knock at the door. I run to it opening it hoping it's Luke, but it's not. It's Hunter.

"How did you find me?"

"I followed you. I know that sounds bad but I just needed to talk to you."

"No. You hurt me, Hunter. I trusted you and all of it was a lie."

"I'm so sorry. I mean it. Please hear me out." He looks at me. "Are you ok? You've been crying."

"I'm perfectly fine!" I lie

"No you arent. Please let me help."

I'm just so weak right now and vulnerable.

"Fine. Only because I'm really lonely."

He walks it and sits on the couch.

"Come here. Let me hold you."

The one thing about Hunter is he had nice warm hugs. I loved that about him. I sit next to him and I rest my head on his chest. I listen to his heartbeat. Nice and steady. I smile at the sound. He wraps his arms around me and I get really happy.

Wait? Do I like Hunter? No no no. I love Luke. He doesn't love me, though. What should I do? What am I doing?

"Alex I'm sorry about what I did. I was wrong to do that. You are a wonderful girl and have been through so much and I go be a dick and do that. I know you and Luke are nothing but friends but I just got jealous."

"Aww you get jealous. I find that adorable."

"Well I find you adorable."

I chuckle and smile. He smiles too.

"I need a second chance. To make it up to you. Can we please start over?"

"Hunter...I...its.."

"I know. If you say no I understand."

"I just don't know any more. I think I like you but..."

~Luke POV~

I wake up at 7 am sharp. I get up and I get ready. I need to tell Alex. She deserves to know. I can't believe I'm pushing her away. Calum is right. I was so miserable before and I found the person who makes me happy and she loves me and I'm pushing her away.

I run out the door and I get in my car. It's freezing out. The snow falls on my car and I remember one of my happiest memory.

"Luke look at the snow. It's so pretty."

"Wanna have some fun in the snow?"

She looks at me with the biggest smile. I pick her up with my arms around my waist and I run outside. I lay her on the snow as she laughs.

"Luke! Lay down with me."

I lay right beside her and she cuddles with me. She chuckles as a snowflake falls on my nose.

"Look at that cute little snowflake on that cute little nose."

I chuckle and smile and she smiles. She touches my nose and the snowflake melts.

"Winter is amazing. Might even be my favorite season. We should do this every December 21."

I get out of the memory remembering tomorrow is December 21. We won't get to do it this year. She doesn't even remember that memory. It's hard knowing she won't remember everything. I have to face the fact that nothing will go back to normal.

~Alex POV~

I wake up to the smell of food. Breakfast food. I look over in the kitchen direction and see Hunter cooking. Wait? Hunter? He came over? Oh he did. I must have been really tired. Why did I let him in? I hate him.

"Hey sunshine."

"Hunter please don't call me that. Thanks for the breakfast, but on a friendly level please."

"I understand completely."

"I must have been in a bad and lonley mood to let you in."

"You were and all I wanted was to help Alex. I didn't want anything to happen."

"So nothing happen between us?"

"No. I helped you through some pain and you went to bed."

"Well thank you Hunter. I owe you one."

"No need. You letting me stay is perfect."

He looks into my eyes and smiles. I can't help but to smile back. He has beautiful eyes. Blue and green.

"Here is your breakfast."

"Thank you."

I walk over to the couch and sit down. Hunter follows me. I turn on the t.v then he starts talking.

"Do you like me at all? Like did you ever?"

I stare at him blankly. I knew what he wanted to know. He wanted to know If I actually liked him or only went out with him because my mom said we were.

"Yes I did like you Hunter. You were really sweet and kind. You were also adorable. Hunter I was glad I had you, but then you and Veronica and I lost it."

"I know. I'm such an ass."

"Yes you are."

He gives me a pouty face and I laugh. He laughs too. Maybe keeping Hunter as a friend won't be that bad.

"I like you alot."

"Hunter.....i"

I'm cut off by his lips. I don't move an inch. I let the kiss go on. I wanted to know if I still liked him. I think I might.

~Luke POV~

I park the car and I get out. I start to walk towards the door. I practice what I'm going to say. I don't know where to begin. I go up to the door about to knock when I look through the window. She's kissing someone. They stop kissing and pull away. Hunter.

(A:N Hey guys it's Lex(: Hope you like this chapter. Follow my instagram @ashtoinirwn. Love you all)