Chapter // Five

I've heard stories about girls getting their hearts broken. I've heard a million songs about heartbreak on the radio, but I've never thought much about it.

I wish I had.

I don't really notice when the tears begin to fall. It happens so fast, everything seems to happen so fast. Somebody bumps into me muttering something but I can't hear them. But I do see Luke turning to look at me and the second he does his face goes white.

"Alex! I-I-it's not what it-" he starts and panics towards me. I don't let him finish because I'm running away from him, away from Veronica, away from everything.

I push past all the intoxicated people. Trying so hard to hide my tears. I make my way outside to the cool air and run to my truck. All of a sudden a pair of strong hands grab my arms.

"Alex p-please let me explain." He begs, his eyes red. I don't know if it's because he's about to cry or if it's because he's been smoking weed.

Anger bubbles inside me. "LUKE ROBERT HEMMINGS GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" I scream and try to pry his hands off of me.

He starts to panic. "No Alex please don't do this." He pleads loud enough for only me to hear.

"FUCK THIS AND YOU! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN! I HATE YOU!" I scream and cry harder.

You can see the shattering of his soul through his eyes. His beautiful blue eyes...

I pry off his hands and get in my truck, leaving as fast as I can.

"I WISH THAT WOULD FORGET ABOUT YOU AND THE LAST YEAR FOREVER!" I scream out into the air.

"Alex!" He screams and runs after me. I drive faster and faster. I can't seem to breathe. I start breathing harder and start driving faster. My phone rings but I don't bother to pick it up.

I look back and Luke is still running after me. And all of a sudden, the world goes black.

Luke's POV

The world seems to slow down all at once. Car debris is scattered everywhere with a Honda in the middle of the road and an old truck tossed to the side. I let out an unholy scream. As I'm running toward Alex I pull out my phone and dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" says a women on the other line.

"There's been a car accident on Ivy Road! Please send help!" I yell into the phone.

"We'll send help right away sir. Be safe." She says and hangs up. Sirens begin to ring off in the distant.

"Oh my god." I whisper to myself and place my hands over my mouth. Alex is covered in so much blood and doesn't move.

"Alex!" I scream and try to help get her out. No luck.

"Don't do this!" I scream angrily and let a single tear fall.

I hate you. I wish I would forget you and the last year forever.

Her last words to me ring into my head.

"If only she knew. If only she goddamn knew." I say to myself.

All of a sudden the realization of what happen kicks in and I cry.

I didn't forget our anniversary. I didn't invite her because 5 Seconds Of Summer were going on tour and I didn't want her to know until I told her personally. It was a good bye good luck party. I didn't kiss Veronica, she kissed me by surprise.

"Luke come ba- oh my god." I hear Veronica call behind me. She comes up and places her hands on my shoulders.

"This is such a terrible way to spend your year anniversary." She says with evil evident in her tone. My eyes widen and I stand up, angry.