Chapter // Twelve

My throat goes dry and I tense up. Through all the fans Luke almost doesn't see me but, when he does his eyes go big. He whispers something into Katie's ears. She turns around and starts screaming.

"OMG GUYS LOOK IT'S ANSEL ELGORT!!!" Nearly every girl forgets about Luke and turns towards the doors.

Luke grabs my wrist and we start running. I should be scared, scream even. But something inside me feels that I'm more safe with Luke than anybody else in the world.

We run out the back and down a few blocks until we run out of breath at a park. It's so pretty here.

"Hey." he says while panting his lungs out.

I blush slightly, "Hey." I look around and see a 7 year old girl playing with her dog.

I gasp.

I remember playing with Izzy but I wasn't playing. I was waiting. Waiting for... A text message! From who though? And why?

Luke snaps his head in my direction. "What's the matter?" He says and makes his way towards me.

I put my hands slightly up. "I'm fine, um, Luke is it?"

All concern that was on his face is now gone. A smile is painted on his face and dimples make an appearance. "You remember my name."

I smile, it's a small step in the direction of knowing the truth about the last year in my life.

I sit down on the grass and Luke does so as well. We sit there in silence for about a minute.

"Hey I'm sorry for scaring you at the hospital. It's just, you probably don't remember, but you were - are - the most important person in my life." He says and gives a small, sad smile.

I sigh. "It's okay, it honestly frustrates me that I can't remember anything from the last 12 months."

"Maybe we could start over?" He suggests and extends his hand.

"Hello, I'm Luke Hemmings." He chuckles.

I smile back. "Hello, I'm Alexandria Hamilton, but people call me Alex."

"I don't want to sound like a complete dick but, I don't think we should tell your mom about us." He says and strays plucking grass blades from the ground.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I agree. So what do we talk about now? Wait, you should try and recreate our first conversation, maybe that'll help get my memory back."

He laughs. "Okay Okay, I can recite it all anyway."

I lay my back down on the grass and he does the same.

"So what's your full name?" I ask into the air.

He chuckles. "Lucas Robert Hemmings, yours?"

"Alexandria Hamilton." I say, even though he probably already knew the answer.

And with that we sit there and talk and talk and talk until it really does feel I've known him for over a year. He talks to be about where he's from. I found out that he plays guitar and that he grew up with two brothers. He talks about his love for his band, 5 Seconds Of Summer. The story on how they came to be. He talks about his love for Liz, his mom, and the way he felt growing up.

"I'm been a real dick to everyone." He chocks out. I prop myself up on my elbows and see him tearing up. A single tear falls from his eye but he's still looking up.

"Oh Luke, it's never too late to make things right." I say and wipe his tear with my thumb. I look into his eyes for a moment and then something triggers in my brain.